Appeal for driver who seriously injured mother in Redbridge roundabout collision
Police are appealing for information on a traffic collision that left a woman and her child injured after they were knocked off a scooter by a driver who failed to stop.
The incident took place on Monday, Febraury 20 at around 7.25pm a short distance along the A12 exit from Redbridge roundabout towards Wanstead.
The driver of a white Mercedes hit a Vespa scooter carrying a 39-year-old woman and her child causing them to collide with a lampost.
The woman suffered serious head injuries, though the child did not sustain any serious harm.
The nearside wing mirror and casing of the Mercedes were lost as a result of the collision, and it is thought there may also be some other minor damage to the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses, or anyone that may have knowledge of the white Mercedes are asked to contact Pc Simon Carson at Ilford CID on 020 8345 2733.
- 1 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 2 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 8 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP