Appeal for driver who seriously injured mother in Redbridge roundabout collision
Police are appealing for information on a traffic collision that left a woman and her child injured after they were knocked off a scooter by a driver who failed to stop.
The incident took place on Monday, Febraury 20 at around 7.25pm a short distance along the A12 exit from Redbridge roundabout towards Wanstead.
The driver of a white Mercedes hit a Vespa scooter carrying a 39-year-old woman and her child causing them to collide with a lampost.
The woman suffered serious head injuries, though the child did not sustain any serious harm.
The nearside wing mirror and casing of the Mercedes were lost as a result of the collision, and it is thought there may also be some other minor damage to the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses, or anyone that may have knowledge of the white Mercedes are asked to contact Pc Simon Carson at Ilford CID on 020 8345 2733.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 3 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 7 Cycling access extended at Wanstead Park
- 8 Oxford student bids to improve top university access for state school pupils
- 9 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 10 Former Woodford Police Station could become office space