Appeal for driver who seriously injured mother in Redbridge roundabout collision
Police are appealing for information on a traffic collision that left a woman and her child injured after they were knocked off a scooter by a driver who failed to stop.
The incident took place on Monday, Febraury 20 at around 7.25pm a short distance along the A12 exit from Redbridge roundabout towards Wanstead.
The driver of a white Mercedes hit a Vespa scooter carrying a 39-year-old woman and her child causing them to collide with a lampost.
The woman suffered serious head injuries, though the child did not sustain any serious harm.
The nearside wing mirror and casing of the Mercedes were lost as a result of the collision, and it is thought there may also be some other minor damage to the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses, or anyone that may have knowledge of the white Mercedes are asked to contact Pc Simon Carson at Ilford CID on 020 8345 2733.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 3 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 4 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 5 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 6 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 7 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 8 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 9 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 10 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole