Appeal after man beaten unconscious in South Woodford whilst ‘teenagers recorded attack’
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after a man was beaten unconscious on George Lane in South Woodford in the early hours of Sunday morning.
The victim, a 30-year-old man, was discovered by police outside Marks & Spencer shortly after 2am and was rushed to hospital.
Metropolitan Police say the victim was left lying in the street unconscious with head injuries before officers arrived at the scene along with an ambulance.
The suspect was seen to walk towards South Woodford Station before leaving in a grey car.
He was subsequently taken to a London hospital for medical attention to injuries, including bruising and a cut lip, and has now been discharged.
You may also want to watch:
A group of teenagers - who were standing nearby - are believed to have recorded the sickening attack on their phones before driving off in a black car.
The suspect is described as a black man, 5ft 7ins tall, with short hair that was longer on top. He was wearing a dark top and dark coloured jeans.
- 1 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 2 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 3 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 6 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 8 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City
- 9 Sam Tarry MP: 'My focus is on job creation in Ilford'
- 10 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
Police are appealing for any witnesses or anyone with information to call the East Area Reactive Investigations Unit via 101.
Alternatively, they can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.