Appeal after heavily pregnant woman robbed in Little Heath
Police are appealing for witnesses after a man snatched a necklace from a heavily pregnant woman.
The 33-year-old woman was walking along Chadwell Heath Lane on Tuesday of last week at about 2.30pm when she was approached by a black male who looked about 17-years-old.
The youth, who was about 5ft 7in wearing a black T-shirt and blue jeans, pulled the necklace until it snapped before running off towards Barley Lane.
The incident occurred about 50 meters from Redbridge College, Little Heath.
The chain, taken from the eight months pregnant woman, is a rope style with yellow metal pendant with three metal strings at the bottom.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the incident or who has any information on the whereabouts of the chain should call Det Con Paul Fuller on 020 345 2653, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 5 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 8 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 9 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
- 10 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash