Anti-social behaviour officers oppose latest opening hours bid by South Woodford nightclub
Redbridge Council’s anti-social behaviour team is opposing the latest application by a South Woodford nightclub to extend its opening hours.
Funky Mojoe in High Road reapplied on Thursday to stay open until 2am on August 27, October 29, Christmas Day and December 27.
The club withdraw a bid for the same temporary event notices on August 3.
A council spokesman said: “The council’s anti-social behaviour (noise) team has objected to the recent application on the grounds that the proposed events will cause public nuisance to the residents who live in the vicinity.”
As a result, a members’ panel will be set up with a hearing date still to be announced.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking on Friday about the application, Cllr Richard Hoskins, of Church End ward, said: “They [Funky Mojoe] have late opening 52 weeks of the year.
“That should be enough seeing as it’s operating in a residential area.”
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 9 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
The venue’s management is not willing to comment to the Recorder on its licensing applications.