Anti-social behaviour officers oppose latest opening hours bid by South Woodford nightclub
Redbridge Council’s anti-social behaviour team is opposing the latest application by a South Woodford nightclub to extend its opening hours.
Funky Mojoe in High Road reapplied on Thursday to stay open until 2am on August 27, October 29, Christmas Day and December 27.
The club withdraw a bid for the same temporary event notices on August 3.
A council spokesman said: “The council’s anti-social behaviour (noise) team has objected to the recent application on the grounds that the proposed events will cause public nuisance to the residents who live in the vicinity.”
As a result, a members’ panel will be set up with a hearing date still to be announced.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking on Friday about the application, Cllr Richard Hoskins, of Church End ward, said: “They [Funky Mojoe] have late opening 52 weeks of the year.
“That should be enough seeing as it’s operating in a residential area.”
- 1 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 2 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 New trees to be planted at Fairlop Waters
- 5 Former Met worker sentenced for stealing lost property cash
- 6 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 7 Woodford Green pupil reaches final of national science and engineering competition
- 8 'Beyond my wildest dreams': Redbridge tutor receives MBE
- 9 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 10 Redbridge pupils shortlisted in competition to design Olympic Park pavilion
The venue’s management is not willing to comment to the Recorder on its licensing applications.