Amy Childs cuts ribbon of Redbridge College’s new venture
- Credit: Archant
The Only Way is Essex star Amy Childs cut the ribbon to launch Redbridge College’s new commercial venture Urban Oasis at the Exchange Ilford shopping centre.
Amy launched the hair and beauty salon on Wednesday, where students from the college will work as juniors and graduating students will be given their first jobs.
British Hairdresser of the Year Jamie Stevens also opened the Ilford Skills Academy training salons next door.
Redbridge Mayor Cllr Felicity Banks, joined Amy at the ribbon-cutting reception.
Amy offers a tanning training course at her own salon which it is hoped will be offered at Redbridge College soon.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I think it’s absolutely amazing here – in fact, I’d love to do my training all over again at the Ilford Skills Academy.
“One of the best things about my work with Towie was that it put me on a platform that allowed more people to come across my beauty and spray-tanning work.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 5 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 8 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
“That’s what I’m known as now – the spraytan queen – and I can’t wait to demonstrate my tanning course to the students here later.”