Amber weather warning issued for very heavy rain in London
- Credit: PA
Londoners can expect very heavy rain, flooding and disruption to travel over the weekend as Storm Dennis swoops in.
The Met Office has issued an amber weather warning for heavy rain from 12.15am to 6pm on Sunday, February 16, across London and the south east.
A yellow weather warning for wind is also in place on Saturday, February 15, for the entire UK.
On Sunday, spells of heavy and prolonged rain are expected. Around 20-40mm of rain will fall widely, with 50-80mm likely across parts of northern and southern England.
Homes and businesses could be flooded, causing damage to some buildings, the Met Office has warned.
You may also want to watch:
Delays or cancellations to train and bus services are possible and spray and flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures.
Some communities may be cut off by flooded roads and there may be power cuts to some homes and businesses.
- 1 Medical student who helped injured biker calls for more first aid training
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Woman and children treated for smoke inhalation after Ilford flat fire
- 4 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
- 5 Letter: High-density housing plans in Redbridge
- 6 Teen boy sexually assaulted on Redbridge bus: Image of wanted man released
- 7 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 8 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 9 Primary school creates memorial garden for pupils to remember loved ones
- 10 Oaks Park pupils present video at Anne Frank Trust event