Amazing acrobats lead the way as Dutch circus comes to Wanstead
Aerial daredevils and side splitting clowns have set up camp in Wanstead as a European circus stops by for the London leg of its UK tour.
The Netherlands National Circus pitched their Big Top on Tuesday and will perform acrobatic displays until bank holiday Monday at Wanstead Flats, off Aldersbrook Road, Wanstead.
Crowds will be entertained by the follow up to the 2011 record-breaking tour, with performances from Angelo the clown as well as triple level trapeze artists The Flying Aces.
Trained on Australia’s Gold Coast, the group are the first trapeze artists from down under to ever perform in Europe and display incredible trust as they fly 13 metres through the air to the waiting hands of their fellow aces.
Three generations of unicyclists will also be on display as The Jackson Family showcase their unique homegrown talent.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets can be purchased online at www.netherlandscircus.eu or by calling the box office on 0844 4155 228.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 4 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 5 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 8 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 9 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 10 Anti-hate crime workshops to be delivered in Redbridge