Amazing acrobats lead the way as Dutch circus comes to Wanstead
Aerial daredevils and side splitting clowns have set up camp in Wanstead as a European circus stops by for the London leg of its UK tour.
The Netherlands National Circus pitched their Big Top on Tuesday and will perform acrobatic displays until bank holiday Monday at Wanstead Flats, off Aldersbrook Road, Wanstead.
Crowds will be entertained by the follow up to the 2011 record-breaking tour, with performances from Angelo the clown as well as triple level trapeze artists The Flying Aces.
Trained on Australia’s Gold Coast, the group are the first trapeze artists from down under to ever perform in Europe and display incredible trust as they fly 13 metres through the air to the waiting hands of their fellow aces.
Three generations of unicyclists will also be on display as The Jackson Family showcase their unique homegrown talent.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets can be purchased online at www.netherlandscircus.eu or by calling the box office on 0844 4155 228.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 7 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 10 Women use experiences to offer safety insights about Redbridge