Aldborough Hatch festive concert mixed the traditional and the modern
A concert, featuring both traditional carols as well as more modern tunes, managed to raise hundred of pounds for an Aldborough Hatch church.
St Peter’s Church, Aldborough Road North, held the festive event on Saturday, featuring singers from the congregation and the Ilford Operatic and Dramatic Society.
Traditional carols were sung side by side with Have yourself a Merry little Christmas and When Santa got Stuck up the Chimney.
Readings were drawn from author Charles Dickens and poet John Betjeman, among others.
Hot mulled wine and seasonal refreshments were also served to the 70-strong audience, who managed to help raise �500 for the church.
You may also want to watch:
Ron Jeffries, who attended the concert, said: “The whole celebration was very happy and joyful, and at the end everyone was clapping and wanted it to continue.
“This is the third concert we’ve held and it was extremely well received.”
- 1 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 2 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 3 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 4 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 7 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 10 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead