Aldborough Hatch festive concert mixed the traditional and the modern
A concert, featuring both traditional carols as well as more modern tunes, managed to raise hundred of pounds for an Aldborough Hatch church.
St Peter’s Church, Aldborough Road North, held the festive event on Saturday, featuring singers from the congregation and the Ilford Operatic and Dramatic Society.
Traditional carols were sung side by side with Have yourself a Merry little Christmas and When Santa got Stuck up the Chimney.
Readings were drawn from author Charles Dickens and poet John Betjeman, among others.
Hot mulled wine and seasonal refreshments were also served to the 70-strong audience, who managed to help raise �500 for the church.
You may also want to watch:
Ron Jeffries, who attended the concert, said: “The whole celebration was very happy and joyful, and at the end everyone was clapping and wanted it to continue.
“This is the third concert we’ve held and it was extremely well received.”
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 3 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 7 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 8 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 9 Man charged in connection with alleged police car ramming in Ilford
- 10 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute