Air ambulance lands after pensioner hit by car near Barkingside Tesco
A pensioner in his 80s was hit by a car near Barkingside Tesco this afternoon.
Paramedics were called to the scene in Village Way around 12pm and the London Air Ambulance reportedly landed in the supermarket car park shortly afterwards.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: “We were called to reports of a road traffic collision involving a car and a pedestrian.
“Our staff treated one man, reported to be in his 80s, for head injuries.”
He was taken in an ambulance to Queen’s Hospital, in Romford, but his condition is not known.
You may also want to watch:
Did you see the accident? Email email@example.com or call 07785629280.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 4 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 5 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 6 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 7 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 8 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London