Actresses Kara and Hannah Tointon unveil innovative building at Chigwell school
- Credit: Archant
EastEnders actress Kara Tointon and her sister Hannah last week unveiled an innovative school building which took four men just two weeks to build.
The 460sq m building of interlocking panels was put together using only a hexagonal tool and, its creators claim, at a much lower cost than an ordinary build.
Additional classrooms, a computing suite, an art studio and a science laboratory are housed in the building at Coppice Primary School, Chigwell.
It forms part of the Manford Way school’s ethos to give children a more specialised, rather than general, primary education.
Headteacher Jo Coton said the children “really enjoy having different rooms – they enjoy having the art room when they’re artists, the science room when they are scientists”.
You may also want to watch:
The actress sisters visited the school last week to unveil the building, built by firm AcerMetric. Their father Kenneth is the managing director.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 5 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 6 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 7 Five veggie-friendly restaurants in Redbridge, courtesy of TripAdvisor
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine