Academy striker accepts pro deal at Dagenham & Redbridge
- Credit: Dave Simpson/TGSPHOTO
Academy striker Jon Nouble has agreeed a professional deal at Dagenham & Redbridge.
The youngster has scored 12 goals during spells at Ryman Premier side Grays Athletic and Ryman One North outfit Thurrock this season.
And his performances have impressed the Daggers and boss Wayne Burnett enough to earn a one-year professional contract at Victoria Road.
Nouble follows in the footsteps of Daggers’ first-team left back Jack Connors, who made the successful step up from the Academy this season.
And with that success, Burnett hopes he is can follow in the footsteps of Connors, who won the Young Player of the Year award at Daggers on Saturday, after the 3-0 home defeat to Northampton Town.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve offered Jon Nouble a contract, he’s another good product of our academy,” Burnett told the club website.
“I’m hopeful that he will make the progression to the first team as quickly as others have done. He has done very well and been out on loan and scored goals.”
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 5 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 6 Five veggie-friendly restaurants in Redbridge, courtesy of TripAdvisor
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
Nouble, the brother of former West Ham United striker Frank, had spent time with both Chelsea and Millwall before the 19-year-old linked up with the Academy.