A406 slip road at Ilford closed due to earlier fire
- Credit: Archant
The southbound entry slip road onto the A406 at Ilford is closed due to an earlier fire.
TfL has advised that there is no access to the southbound A406 at Ilford and advised to use either Redbridge or Barking junctions to join the road.
The road was closed in both directions earlier this morning (June 19) due to a fire in the undergrowth near Eltiseley Road, next to the A406.
Fire crews from Ilford, East Ham and Stratford attended around 2am.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
A fire engine and police car are still on scene.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 3 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 4 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 5 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 8 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 9 Tributes paid to Ilford jazz legend Keith Nichols, who died from Covid
- 10 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council