A-Level results: Woodford County High School students shine
- Credit: Archant
Delighted A-Level students at Woodford County High School took home an an impressive number of top grades.
Approximately 81 per cent of the pupils received A* to B grades and the pass rate was 100%.
Headteacher Jo Pomeroy said: “I think we’ve done very well, I’m very pleased.
“We have a large number with A and A*s and I have seen a rise in the top grades awarded since last year.”
Woodford AS-Level students also received high grades, including best friends Jennifer Essery and Lara James-Walton.
You may also want to watch:
Jennifer took away five As, for maths, physics, chemistry, English literature and further maths.
Lara achieved As in English literature, government and politics and music and a B in French.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 3 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 4 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 8 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
The girls, who both live in Alders Brook, got their results just hours after landing in England following a three-week school trip to Cambodia.
Jennifer, who may study science at university, said: “I’m really really happy, I feel like a lot of pressure is off.”
Talented musician Lara added: “I’m really happy with them, because the subjects I’m think of doing at uni I got the grades for.”
The duo have been fast friends since they met aged three or four, because their parents used to live on the same road.
Lara added: “It is good because we have been through every results stage together.”