A-Level results: Woodford County High School students shine
- Credit: Archant
Delighted A-Level students at Woodford County High School took home an an impressive number of top grades.
Approximately 81 per cent of the pupils received A* to B grades and the pass rate was 100%.
Headteacher Jo Pomeroy said: “I think we’ve done very well, I’m very pleased.
“We have a large number with A and A*s and I have seen a rise in the top grades awarded since last year.”
Woodford AS-Level students also received high grades, including best friends Jennifer Essery and Lara James-Walton.
You may also want to watch:
Jennifer took away five As, for maths, physics, chemistry, English literature and further maths.
Lara achieved As in English literature, government and politics and music and a B in French.
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 4 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 5 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 6 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 7 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 10 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
The girls, who both live in Alders Brook, got their results just hours after landing in England following a three-week school trip to Cambodia.
Jennifer, who may study science at university, said: “I’m really really happy, I feel like a lot of pressure is off.”
Talented musician Lara added: “I’m really happy with them, because the subjects I’m think of doing at uni I got the grades for.”
The duo have been fast friends since they met aged three or four, because their parents used to live on the same road.
Lara added: “It is good because we have been through every results stage together.”