A-level results: Students clambered at the gates of Woodbridge High School for results
More than 30 students were clambering at the gates of Woodbridge High School desperate to get their results over and done with.
Students were outside the school in St Barnabas Road, Woodford Green, while teachers got the results, and tissues, ready.
Monema Chaudery, 17 who was picking up her AS-level results, said: “People were anxious and scared. Some people were really scared and everyone was supporting each other.”
Monema, who wants to study economics after finishing her A-levels, said while she was nervous she felt more concerned about the A-level students doing well.
“Everyone just wanted to get their results, the whole atmosphere was busy and everyone was chatting.”
You may also want to watch:
Students picked up their results at 10am from the canteen where teachers were on hand to congratulate those who did well and give advice to those who were disappointed.
Headteacher Andrew Beaumont said: “We are delighted with the results this year and they continue to go from strength to strength. Students have excelled themselves.”
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 6 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
Many of the students will go onto university while others are going straight into employment or apprentices.
Mr Beaumont said” I congratulate the students and wish them every success and happiness in their future careers.”