A-level results: Best friends going to same top university from Woodford County High School
Two girls who have been friends since Year 7 at are going to be studying together at the same college of Oxford University.
Thashmin Miah and Mirren Johal who are both 18, will be studying at St Hilda’s College getting six As between them.
Thashmin said: “We’ve been friends since we started. I logged onto the UCAS website before I came here, I was so nervous.”
The nerves also got the better of Mirren who said: “I was shacking. They’ve given us a massive reading list so I will have to go and start on that now.”
The results for the school, in High Road, Woodford Green, were similar to the previous year with 78 percent of students getting A*-B grades.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Jo Pomeroy said: “They can check if they got into their university of choice before they come in to get their results, so they have a bit more knowledge. We are very pleased with how they have done.”
The headteacher said she expected more students to start considers going to university abroad, particularly the US, where there are more scholarships on offer.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 6 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 7 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 8 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
“In spite of the rise in tuition costs, higher education continues to be the route for our leavers” she added.