A-level results: Best-ever year for Chigwell School
Staff and students at Chigwell School celebrated their best-ever A-level results with 62 per cent of all grades awarded at A or A*.
The school in High Road, Chigwell, saw 86 per cent of grades at B or above.
Their A* or A rate was higher than the national average of 26.6 per cent.
Head teacher Michael Punt said: “These results reflect the hard work put in by students and their teachers over a long period of time.
“They should feel very proud of their outstanding results which have enabled many to go on to competitive university courses including eight to read medicine, veterinary Science or dentistry.
You may also want to watch:
“This year group have been a delight to work with and have contributed a great deal to the life of the school.
“We will miss them.”
- 1 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 2 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 3 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 4 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 5 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 6 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 7 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 8 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
- 9 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 10 Parents of man with special educational needs slam council over his care
Of the year group of 85 students, 34 achieved at least three A* or A grades and 16 achieved four or more.
A number of pupils gained places on management courses in the City.