A-level results: Best-ever year for Chigwell School
Staff and students at Chigwell School celebrated their best-ever A-level results with 62 per cent of all grades awarded at A or A*.
The school in High Road, Chigwell, saw 86 per cent of grades at B or above.
Their A* or A rate was higher than the national average of 26.6 per cent.
Head teacher Michael Punt said: “These results reflect the hard work put in by students and their teachers over a long period of time.
“They should feel very proud of their outstanding results which have enabled many to go on to competitive university courses including eight to read medicine, veterinary Science or dentistry.
You may also want to watch:
“This year group have been a delight to work with and have contributed a great deal to the life of the school.
“We will miss them.”
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 6 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 7 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 8 EV charging hub launched in South Woodford as ULEZ expands
- 9 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 10 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
Of the year group of 85 students, 34 achieved at least three A* or A grades and 16 achieved four or more.
A number of pupils gained places on management courses in the City.