80-year-old man taken to hospital with chest injuries after collision in Woodford Green
An 80-year-old man was taken to hospital with a chest injury following a collision in Woodford Green.
He was stabilised at the scene and taken to Whipps Cross Hospital.
It is believed the collision happened at about 1.30pm yesterday in Broadmead Road near the Charteris Road junction. The police were reportedly at the scene for a number of hours carrying out an investigation into the cause of the crash. It is also believed that one of the cars was a Ford Escort and the other a Mercedes.
Two other patients were treated at the scene and then taken to Whipps Cross Hospital, Leytonstone.
Three ambulances and a response vehicle were all sent to the scene as well as a fire engine.
You may also want to watch:
Did you witness the accident? Call the newsdesk on 020 8477 3829, email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @ilfordrecorder.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation