80-year-old man taken to hospital with chest injuries after collision in Woodford Green
An 80-year-old man was taken to hospital with a chest injury following a collision in Woodford Green.
He was stabilised at the scene and taken to Whipps Cross Hospital.
It is believed the collision happened at about 1.30pm yesterday in Broadmead Road near the Charteris Road junction. The police were reportedly at the scene for a number of hours carrying out an investigation into the cause of the crash. It is also believed that one of the cars was a Ford Escort and the other a Mercedes.
Two other patients were treated at the scene and then taken to Whipps Cross Hospital, Leytonstone.
Three ambulances and a response vehicle were all sent to the scene as well as a fire engine.
You may also want to watch:
Did you witness the accident? Call the newsdesk on 020 8477 3829, email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @ilfordrecorder.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 3 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 7 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines