80-year-old man dies from injuries following Woodford Green collision in July
An 80-year-old man involved in a collision in Woodford Green during July, died on Wednesday of last week from his injuries.
David Baker, of Buckhurst Hill remained in hospital following the collision on July 24 until he died last week of multiple organ failure.
Police are appealing for witnesses following the incident in Broadmead Road at the junction with Charteris Road.
A man and woman in their 80s were in a stationary Ford Escort when they were in collision with a dark blue Mercedes at about 2pm.
They were taken to Whipps Cross Hospital, Leytonstone where the woman was treated for minor injuries. The man remained in hospital until he died last week.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem was held on Thursday and an inquest will be held shortly.
A man in his 60s was arrested on Saturday on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and has been bailed.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 3 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 10 Plans for retail park development move step closer
Witnesses are asked to call the Road Death Investigation Unit based at Chadwell Heath on 020 8597 4874 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.