75-year-old woman in critical condition after car crashes into South Woodford shop
A 75-year-old woman is in a critical condition today after a car drove into an antiques shop in South Woodford.
A Renault Clio driven by an elderly man crashed into the front window of Rupert’s Pine Furniture & Antiques in Victoria Road at about 1.30pm yesterday.
The woman, who was a passenger in the car, was taken to the Royal London Hospital in east London with abdominal and chest pains.
She was taken into theatre suffering with internal bleeding.
The driver suffered minor injuries and was also taken to the Royal London Hospital. Victoria, Chigwell and Albert Roads were closed until 8.38pm.
You may also want to watch:
The shop and a neighbouring building are deemed unsafe and have been fenced off.
Traffic Division police officers are investigating.
- 1 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 2 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 5 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 6 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 7 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 8 Pupils prepare for summer singing festival at Kenneth More Theatre
- 9 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 10 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower