69-year-old Woodford Green woman suffers hammer attack burglary
A 69-year-old woman from Woodford Green was subjected to a terrifying attack by burglars who repeatedly hit her over the head with a hammer.
On Monday, a man and a woman forced their way into the victim’s home in Sunset Avenue and tied her up with gaffer tape.
She was left with bruising around her neck and had to have stitches in her head.
Her attackers took �2,000 in cash, a mobile phone, a watch and a gold bangle.
The attack and burglary took place between 8.30am and 10am.
You may also want to watch:
The man is white, between 30 and 35 years old and is 5ft 6in tall.
He was wearing a flat grey cap and a bomber jacket and has a tattoo reading ‘Chloe’ on his neck.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 7 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 8 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 9 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 10 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
The woman is white, between 20 and 30 years old and 5ft 5in tall.
She was wearing a black waterproof jacket and lightly-coloured trousers.
Police are appealing for anyone with information to contact Det Con Dan McGregor on 020 8345 2681.