69-year-old Woodford Green woman suffers hammer attack burglary
A 69-year-old woman from Woodford Green was subjected to a terrifying attack by burglars who repeatedly hit her over the head with a hammer.
On Monday, a man and a woman forced their way into the victim’s home in Sunset Avenue and tied her up with gaffer tape.
She was left with bruising around her neck and had to have stitches in her head.
Her attackers took �2,000 in cash, a mobile phone, a watch and a gold bangle.
The attack and burglary took place between 8.30am and 10am.
You may also want to watch:
The man is white, between 30 and 35 years old and is 5ft 6in tall.
He was wearing a flat grey cap and a bomber jacket and has a tattoo reading ‘Chloe’ on his neck.
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 6 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 7 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 8 EV charging hub launched in South Woodford as ULEZ expands
- 9 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 10 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
The woman is white, between 20 and 30 years old and 5ft 5in tall.
She was wearing a black waterproof jacket and lightly-coloured trousers.
Police are appealing for anyone with information to contact Det Con Dan McGregor on 020 8345 2681.