69-year-old Woodford Green woman suffers hammer attack burglary
A 69-year-old woman from Woodford Green was subjected to a terrifying attack by burglars who repeatedly hit her over the head with a hammer.
On Monday, a man and a woman forced their way into the victim’s home in Sunset Avenue and tied her up with gaffer tape.
She was left with bruising around her neck and had to have stitches in her head.
Her attackers took �2,000 in cash, a mobile phone, a watch and a gold bangle.
The attack and burglary took place between 8.30am and 10am.
You may also want to watch:
The man is white, between 30 and 35 years old and is 5ft 6in tall.
He was wearing a flat grey cap and a bomber jacket and has a tattoo reading ‘Chloe’ on his neck.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
The woman is white, between 20 and 30 years old and 5ft 5in tall.
She was wearing a black waterproof jacket and lightly-coloured trousers.
Police are appealing for anyone with information to contact Det Con Dan McGregor on 020 8345 2681.