500 seater world restaurant comes to Ilford
- Credit: Archant
A supersize restaurant with a supersize menu will open in Ilford this Sunday.
A supersize restaurant with a supersize menu has opened in Ilford.
On Sunday December 8, JRC Global Buffet opened its doors to customers who were able to enjoy food from more than 12 different countries under one roof.
Based on the first floor of Pioneer Point Towers, Winston Way, up to 500 diners at a time can now choose from a buffet featuring more than 300 dishes, including Japanese, Vietnamese, Spanish, Italian, Mexican and Mongolian.
There is also 12 live cooking stations for customers to watch their food being made.
You may also want to watch:
There is also a carvery, seafood, noodle, fruit and salad bars, a deli and a dessert counter.
Leroy Ji of Ilford’s JRC Global Buffet said: “The Ilford restaurant has 500 seats and we’ll be dishing up 2-tonnes of chicken breast, 1.5-tonnes of rice, and 0.5-tonnes of cream every week.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
“You’d need to spend a week in the restaurant to try out all the selections. Expect the unexpected and be ready to be amazed.
“Ilford is our third restaurant in Greater London. We want to ensure our branches cover Greater London and we chose Ilford because it’s a perfect location to serve the ever growing population of east London.”
Children under 150cm eat for half price while children under 90cm eat for free.
The UK restaurant chain also has branches in Cardiff, Swindon and Wood Green, and there are plans to open a fifth in Watford in 2014.
To celebrate Ilford’s opening, the restaurant has a 2-for-1 offer until December 22 for customers who book by phone.
Email email@example.com or call 020 8553 0881 for more information and to book or visit www.jrc-globalbuffet.com