500 seater world restaurant comes to Ilford
- Credit: Archant
A supersize restaurant with a supersize menu will open in Ilford this Sunday.
A supersize restaurant with a supersize menu has opened in Ilford.
On Sunday December 8, JRC Global Buffet opened its doors to customers who were able to enjoy food from more than 12 different countries under one roof.
Based on the first floor of Pioneer Point Towers, Winston Way, up to 500 diners at a time can now choose from a buffet featuring more than 300 dishes, including Japanese, Vietnamese, Spanish, Italian, Mexican and Mongolian.
There is also 12 live cooking stations for customers to watch their food being made.
You may also want to watch:
There is also a carvery, seafood, noodle, fruit and salad bars, a deli and a dessert counter.
Leroy Ji of Ilford’s JRC Global Buffet said: “The Ilford restaurant has 500 seats and we’ll be dishing up 2-tonnes of chicken breast, 1.5-tonnes of rice, and 0.5-tonnes of cream every week.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 5 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
“You’d need to spend a week in the restaurant to try out all the selections. Expect the unexpected and be ready to be amazed.
“Ilford is our third restaurant in Greater London. We want to ensure our branches cover Greater London and we chose Ilford because it’s a perfect location to serve the ever growing population of east London.”
Children under 150cm eat for half price while children under 90cm eat for free.
The UK restaurant chain also has branches in Cardiff, Swindon and Wood Green, and there are plans to open a fifth in Watford in 2014.
To celebrate Ilford’s opening, the restaurant has a 2-for-1 offer until December 22 for customers who book by phone.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8553 0881 for more information and to book or visit www.jrc-globalbuffet.com