£350k lottery cash boost for Woodford Green drug and alcohol rehab centre
A Woodford Green drug and alcohol rehabilitation centre is celebrating after receiving more than £350,000 in lottery funding.
And to mark the award to One North East London (1NE), its patron, MP for Chingford and Woodford Green Iain Duncan Smith, paid the centre a visit on Friday.
1NE, in The Broadway, offers an abstinence-based treatment programme for people with alcohol or drug dependency and also provides support for their families.
The centre will be awarded the cash over five years and it will be used to help develop the programme it runs for families.
Jo Blackledge, clinical manager for INE, said: “We are extremely grateful for the patronage of Iain Duncan Smith who spends time with our clients whenever he can.
You may also want to watch:
“He sits with them and listens to their concerns and their celebrations.
“He shows a great understanding of addiction and fully supports our treatment programme with its aim of abstinence.
- 1 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 2 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 3 Seven Kings barbers closes after 62 years in business
- 4 Council to approve children's performances after monkey costume scandal
- 5 Ilford grandfather to run 37th London Marathon months after Covid battle
- 6 'Grab this chance to save her life': Wanstead woman battling chronic illness urgently needs £200k for surgeries
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 8 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 9 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 10 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
“The time he spends with the clients enables him to see the treatment working – the clients speak for themselves.”