£350k lottery cash boost for Woodford Green drug and alcohol rehab centre
A Woodford Green drug and alcohol rehabilitation centre is celebrating after receiving more than £350,000 in lottery funding.
And to mark the award to One North East London (1NE), its patron, MP for Chingford and Woodford Green Iain Duncan Smith, paid the centre a visit on Friday.
1NE, in The Broadway, offers an abstinence-based treatment programme for people with alcohol or drug dependency and also provides support for their families.
The centre will be awarded the cash over five years and it will be used to help develop the programme it runs for families.
Jo Blackledge, clinical manager for INE, said: “We are extremely grateful for the patronage of Iain Duncan Smith who spends time with our clients whenever he can.
You may also want to watch:
“He sits with them and listens to their concerns and their celebrations.
“He shows a great understanding of addiction and fully supports our treatment programme with its aim of abstinence.
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 3 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 4 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 7 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 8 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 9 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 10 Council leader hails 'affordable' housing development in Wanstead
“The time he spends with the clients enables him to see the treatment working – the clients speak for themselves.”