£350k lottery cash boost for Woodford Green drug and alcohol rehab centre
A Woodford Green drug and alcohol rehabilitation centre is celebrating after receiving more than £350,000 in lottery funding.
And to mark the award to One North East London (1NE), its patron, MP for Chingford and Woodford Green Iain Duncan Smith, paid the centre a visit on Friday.
1NE, in The Broadway, offers an abstinence-based treatment programme for people with alcohol or drug dependency and also provides support for their families.
The centre will be awarded the cash over five years and it will be used to help develop the programme it runs for families.
Jo Blackledge, clinical manager for INE, said: “We are extremely grateful for the patronage of Iain Duncan Smith who spends time with our clients whenever he can.
“He sits with them and listens to their concerns and their celebrations.
“He shows a great understanding of addiction and fully supports our treatment programme with its aim of abstinence.
- 1 Ilford fast food restaurant permitted to open later
- 2 Convicted killer 'attacked sister-in-law after repeated threats', court hears
- 3 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 4 Newbury Park grass fire sees homes evacuated
- 5 Pair charged with creating fake Covid vaccination records
- 6 Fairlop man locked up for rabbi assault
- 7 Community opposition to Hainault bank closure
- 8 Hammers stars surprise hospital patients and staff
- 9 Five tower blocks included in housing plans for Sainsbury's in Ilford
- 10 Jailed: Ilford fraudster involved in £13m Ponzi scheme through property fraud
“The time he spends with the clients enables him to see the treatment working – the clients speak for themselves.”