�25,000 prize on offer for Redbridge residents who pay council tax by direct debit
Residents across the borough have until Thursday to be in with a chance of winning a �25,000 prize by signing up to pay their council tax bill by direct debit.
The council tax prize draw promotion is being run by 17 local authorities in London and Bacs Payment Schemes Ltd, the non profit organisation behind direct debit.
Cllr Ian Bond, cabinet member for resources said: “Direct debit is a much cheaper way for us to process payments and the money we save can be used for the benefit of local residents.
“Switching also helps the residents to budget and we’re encouraging as many people as possible to sign up.”
To enter, residents can register online by visiting www.redbridge.gov.uk, or by calling 020 8708 5670 or returning a completed paper direct debit instruction to the council.
You may also want to watch:
Residents who already pay their council tax through this method will be entered into the prize draw automatically.
For more information on the prize draw visit www.ddwinner.co.uk. Entry closes on July 12.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 3 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 4 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 5 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 6 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 7 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 8 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 9 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 10 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff