23-year-old man to appear in court following rooftop stand-off with police
A 23-year-old man will appear at Redbridge Magistrates’ Court in Cranbrook Road tomorrow after being charged with criminal damage, affray and two counts of harassment.
Lee Dekumba, of Aldborough Road South, was arrested on Wednesday by police after he had climbed onto a first-floor ledge above the Lucky Star shop, also in Aldborough Road South.
An eyewitness said Mr Dekumba had gone onto the ledge at around 8.30am and he was arrested at around 2.10pm.
A section of Aldborough Road South and a number of neighbouring roads had to be closed while officers talked to Mr Dekumba.
After his arrest, Mr Dekumba was taken to hospital with minor arm injuries and following treatment, was released into police custody.
You may also want to watch:
A bail hearing will be held tomorrow.
- 1 Chigwell rabbi hospitalised after 'unprovoked and cowardly attack'
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 5 Police meet with Jewish communities after attack on rabbi in Chigwell
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Two men arrested on suspicion of GBH following hospitalisation of rabbi
- 8 Man tried to become comic book character by stabbing teen in park toilets
- 9 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 10 Clayhall pupils grill Matt Hancock and Dominic Raab