23-year-old man to appear in court following rooftop stand-off with police
A 23-year-old man will appear at Redbridge Magistrates’ Court in Cranbrook Road tomorrow after being charged with criminal damage, affray and two counts of harassment.
Lee Dekumba, of Aldborough Road South, was arrested on Wednesday by police after he had climbed onto a first-floor ledge above the Lucky Star shop, also in Aldborough Road South.
An eyewitness said Mr Dekumba had gone onto the ledge at around 8.30am and he was arrested at around 2.10pm.
A section of Aldborough Road South and a number of neighbouring roads had to be closed while officers talked to Mr Dekumba.
After his arrest, Mr Dekumba was taken to hospital with minor arm injuries and following treatment, was released into police custody.
You may also want to watch:
A bail hearing will be held tomorrow.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 8 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening