23-year-old man to appear in court following rooftop stand-off with police
A 23-year-old man will appear at Redbridge Magistrates’ Court in Cranbrook Road tomorrow after being charged with criminal damage, affray and two counts of harassment.
Lee Dekumba, of Aldborough Road South, was arrested on Wednesday by police after he had climbed onto a first-floor ledge above the Lucky Star shop, also in Aldborough Road South.
An eyewitness said Mr Dekumba had gone onto the ledge at around 8.30am and he was arrested at around 2.10pm.
A section of Aldborough Road South and a number of neighbouring roads had to be closed while officers talked to Mr Dekumba.
After his arrest, Mr Dekumba was taken to hospital with minor arm injuries and following treatment, was released into police custody.
You may also want to watch:
A bail hearing will be held tomorrow.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
- 7 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 8 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 9 Woman and children treated for smoke inhalation after Ilford flat fire
- 10 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest