20-year-old South Woodford student dreaming of travelling the globe after winning �5,000 competition
A 20-year-old student who lives in South Woodford is dreaming of a trip following the Inca Trail in Peru or lounging on beaches in Tahiti after winning a �5,000 competition.
Jurga Gailiunaite, of Bressey Grove, couldn’t afford to go abroad this summer and turned to an internet quiz in the hope of getting away.
Luckily, she won a random draw of 36,500 entries to claim �4,000 travel vouchers and �1,000 spending money and could now afford her two dream holidays.
She said: “It’s amazing, you don’t expect that to happen to you.
“I couldn’t imagine, not at this age, going on such an extravagant holiday, that I could go on a five-star holiday to anywhere in the world.”
You may also want to watch:
The media and cultural studies student at the London College of Communication successfully guessed a mystery country on the website of fermented milk drink company Yakult.
She hasn’t finalised her plans yet and is also considering going skiing with her family but will wait till she graduates next summer before heading on her journeys.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 4 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 5 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 6 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 7 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 8 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
She received her prize on Tuesday of last week.