19-year-old man crashes car into the front garden of Clayhall home
A 19-year-old crashed a car into the front garden of a Clayhall home last night after hitting a parked car and taking out the garden wall.
Ambulance and fire services were called to the scene in Clayhall Avenue at 10.30pm to find debris scattered across the garden.
The driver was treated at the scene by London Ambulance Service (LAS) for minor head injuries.
He was taken to Whipps Cross University Hospital in Leytonstone.
He had struck a parked car at the side of the road before careering into the front garden.
You may also want to watch:
He was not trapped in his car, according to Ilford fire station’s watch manager Nigel Forder, and firefighters from the station, and from Hainault fire station, made the car safe and cleared up the debris.
Mr Forder said: “It took out a lot of the front wall and there was quite substantial damage to the car.
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 6 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 7 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 8 EV charging hub launched in South Woodford as ULEZ expands
- 9 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 10 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
“There were a lot of people standing around.”
Inquiries have been made with Redbridge Police.