19-year-old man crashes car into the front garden of Clayhall home
A 19-year-old crashed a car into the front garden of a Clayhall home last night after hitting a parked car and taking out the garden wall.
Ambulance and fire services were called to the scene in Clayhall Avenue at 10.30pm to find debris scattered across the garden.
The driver was treated at the scene by London Ambulance Service (LAS) for minor head injuries.
He was taken to Whipps Cross University Hospital in Leytonstone.
He had struck a parked car at the side of the road before careering into the front garden.
You may also want to watch:
He was not trapped in his car, according to Ilford fire station’s watch manager Nigel Forder, and firefighters from the station, and from Hainault fire station, made the car safe and cleared up the debris.
Mr Forder said: “It took out a lot of the front wall and there was quite substantial damage to the car.
- 1 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 2 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 3 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 4 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 5 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 6 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 7 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 8 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
- 9 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 10 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
“There were a lot of people standing around.”
Inquiries have been made with Redbridge Police.