19-day beer festival promises 50 varieties for enthusiasts
Beer enthusiasts will be able to enjoy up to 50 ales during a 19-day festival at four pubs in the borough.
The New Fairlop Oak in Fencepiece Road, Barkingside; The Great Spoon of Ilford in Cranbrook Road, Ilford; The George in High Street, Wanstead and The Eva Hart in High Road, Chadwell Heath are taking part from Wednesday (October 24) until November 11.
The pubs, part of the J D Wetherspoon’s chain, are offering UK beers including Ghost Train, Moonraker and Hopocalypse Vale.
There are also ten overseas beers such as Minagof from Japan, Heather Ale from America and Tongorlo from Belgium.
Karen Catchpole, manager of The New Fairlop Oak, said: “We will be serving the largest selection of overseas beers ever available in the pub, together with a fantastic range of UK beers.”
You may also want to watch:
Customers will be able to sample any three of the real ales in special third-of-a-pint glasses for the price of a pint and tasting notes will be available.
All beers will be priced �1.99 a pint.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 5 Litter in Redbridge parks quadruples in one year, council reveals
- 6 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 7 TV's Ben Shephard opens island themed playground at children’s hospice
- 8 Councillor's year-long running challenge ends with £1.2k foodbank donation
- 9 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 10 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park