19-day beer festival promises 50 varieties for enthusiasts
Beer enthusiasts will be able to enjoy up to 50 ales during a 19-day festival at four pubs in the borough.
The New Fairlop Oak in Fencepiece Road, Barkingside; The Great Spoon of Ilford in Cranbrook Road, Ilford; The George in High Street, Wanstead and The Eva Hart in High Road, Chadwell Heath are taking part from Wednesday (October 24) until November 11.
The pubs, part of the J D Wetherspoon’s chain, are offering UK beers including Ghost Train, Moonraker and Hopocalypse Vale.
There are also ten overseas beers such as Minagof from Japan, Heather Ale from America and Tongorlo from Belgium.
Karen Catchpole, manager of The New Fairlop Oak, said: “We will be serving the largest selection of overseas beers ever available in the pub, together with a fantastic range of UK beers.”
You may also want to watch:
Customers will be able to sample any three of the real ales in special third-of-a-pint glasses for the price of a pint and tasting notes will be available.
All beers will be priced �1.99 a pint.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 8 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 9 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath