19-day beer festival promises 50 varieties for enthusiasts
Beer enthusiasts will be able to enjoy up to 50 ales during a 19-day festival at four pubs in the borough.
The New Fairlop Oak in Fencepiece Road, Barkingside; The Great Spoon of Ilford in Cranbrook Road, Ilford; The George in High Street, Wanstead and The Eva Hart in High Road, Chadwell Heath are taking part from Wednesday (October 24) until November 11.
The pubs, part of the J D Wetherspoon’s chain, are offering UK beers including Ghost Train, Moonraker and Hopocalypse Vale.
There are also ten overseas beers such as Minagof from Japan, Heather Ale from America and Tongorlo from Belgium.
Karen Catchpole, manager of The New Fairlop Oak, said: “We will be serving the largest selection of overseas beers ever available in the pub, together with a fantastic range of UK beers.”
You may also want to watch:
Customers will be able to sample any three of the real ales in special third-of-a-pint glasses for the price of a pint and tasting notes will be available.
All beers will be priced �1.99 a pint.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 5 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 6 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 9 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 10 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London