17-year-old Ilford girl in running for Miss England title
A 17-year-old Ilford girl is one step away from being crowned Miss England.
Lauren Peters triumphed last night in the semi-finals of the competition and is now down to the final 60 in the running for the grand title.
After three rounds of interview, evening wear and eco fashion, judges placed Ms Peters in the top 15 at the competition round in Leicestershire.
Miss Peters said: “I am thrilled.
“The competition was very tough so to be awarded a place in the top 15 is amazing.
You may also want to watch:
“Even if I don’t win the experience so far has been amazing.”
The final in Birmingham starts on June 23 with a two-day boot camp.
- 1 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 2 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 3 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 4 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 5 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 6 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 7 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 8 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
- 9 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 10 Parents of man with special educational needs slam council over his care
Finalists will take part in a fitness test and a Front Top Model round.
A final 15 will compete for the crown on June 26.