17-year-old Ilford girl in running for Miss England title
A 17-year-old Ilford girl is one step away from being crowned Miss England.
Lauren Peters triumphed last night in the semi-finals of the competition and is now down to the final 60 in the running for the grand title.
After three rounds of interview, evening wear and eco fashion, judges placed Ms Peters in the top 15 at the competition round in Leicestershire.
Miss Peters said: “I am thrilled.
“The competition was very tough so to be awarded a place in the top 15 is amazing.
You may also want to watch:
“Even if I don’t win the experience so far has been amazing.”
The final in Birmingham starts on June 23 with a two-day boot camp.
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 6 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 7 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 8 EV charging hub launched in South Woodford as ULEZ expands
- 9 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 10 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
Finalists will take part in a fitness test and a Front Top Model round.
A final 15 will compete for the crown on June 26.