16-year-old dies after falling from scaffolding at Wanstead home
A 16-year-old has died after falling from scaffolding on a two-storey house in Wanstead.
Ambulance staff, including the London air ambulance, were called to the house in Camden Road at around 3pm on Wednesday.
Alfie Perrin, of Enfield, was treated at the scene and taken to an east London hospital where he died from a head injury.
He was working as a builder on the site.
Next of kin have been informed and a post-mortem examination has taken place.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest has opened and adjourned and the death is being treated as unexplained.
A joint investigation between the police and the Health and Safety Executive is taking place and no arrests have been made.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 3 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 6 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 7 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 8 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 9 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
Anyone with information should call Ilford police CID on 020 8345 2727.