Sikh festival of Vaisakhi brings live acts into Exchange shopping centre
- Credit: Archant
The Sikh festival of Vaisakhi brought dancers and musicians into the Exchange Ilford shopping centre and the High Road in Ilford at the weekend.
On Saturday, acts including Punjabi singer Palli Grewal, dance group Angeliq and Bollywood singer Indiraa entertained shoppers.
The Kenneth More Theatre in Oakfield Road, Ilford, also welcomed singing and dancing groups and the High Road was full of stalls selling Indian street food and Asian fashion, organised by Amber Markets.
There was free henna, turban tying demonstrations and Indian head massages along with children’s activities.
The festivities were supported by Ilford’s Business Improvement District.
You may also want to watch:
Marc Myers, the general manager of the Exchange, said: “We wish everyone a very happy Vaisakhi, an abundant harvest of joy and future prosperity.”
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 6 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 7 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 8 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 9 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 10 Redbridge parents' group donates more laptops to schools