Sikh festival of Vaisakhi brings live acts into Exchange shopping centre
- Credit: Archant
The Sikh festival of Vaisakhi brought dancers and musicians into the Exchange Ilford shopping centre and the High Road in Ilford at the weekend.
On Saturday, acts including Punjabi singer Palli Grewal, dance group Angeliq and Bollywood singer Indiraa entertained shoppers.
The Kenneth More Theatre in Oakfield Road, Ilford, also welcomed singing and dancing groups and the High Road was full of stalls selling Indian street food and Asian fashion, organised by Amber Markets.
There was free henna, turban tying demonstrations and Indian head massages along with children’s activities.
The festivities were supported by Ilford’s Business Improvement District.
You may also want to watch:
Marc Myers, the general manager of the Exchange, said: “We wish everyone a very happy Vaisakhi, an abundant harvest of joy and future prosperity.”
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station