Sikh festival of Vaisakhi brings live acts into Exchange shopping centre
- Credit: Archant
The Sikh festival of Vaisakhi brought dancers and musicians into the Exchange Ilford shopping centre and the High Road in Ilford at the weekend.
On Saturday, acts including Punjabi singer Palli Grewal, dance group Angeliq and Bollywood singer Indiraa entertained shoppers.
The Kenneth More Theatre in Oakfield Road, Ilford, also welcomed singing and dancing groups and the High Road was full of stalls selling Indian street food and Asian fashion, organised by Amber Markets.
There was free henna, turban tying demonstrations and Indian head massages along with children’s activities.
The festivities were supported by Ilford’s Business Improvement District.
You may also want to watch:
Marc Myers, the general manager of the Exchange, said: “We wish everyone a very happy Vaisakhi, an abundant harvest of joy and future prosperity.”
- 1 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 2 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 3 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 4 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 5 Council left homeless family 'stuck in cycle of instability', report finds
- 6 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 7 Two in five people in Redbridge may have had Covid, data shows
- 8 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 9 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 10 Covid vaccine invitations a priority for Royal Mail, says MP