Shadow puppet show set in space comes to South Woodford
- Credit: Archant
A new puppet show, following the adventures of two brothers as they explore the galaxy, is coming to South Woodford for one day only.
Slapdash Galaxy, which includes a 3D space chase, is the perfect family show and gives the audience a chance to see how the performance is put together.
Writer and performer Jeff Achtem said: “Slapdash Galaxy originally came together as I wanted to set a show in space.
“The idea of monsters and aliens and far-off galaxies made up from bits of rubbish seemed like a fun challenge.”
The story follows Sam and Junior as they travel the galaxy, looking for a new home planet.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Achtem added: “Most of the shadow puppetry is in front of the screen, so the audience gets a good look at how all the DIY illusions are created.
“People should expect to see a live action cartoon, full of humour, adventure and imagination.”
- 1 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 7 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 8 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 9 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
The show will be at the Redbridge Drama Centre, Churchfields, on Wednesday at 1.30pm and 7pm.