Shadow puppet show set in space comes to South Woodford
- Credit: Archant
A new puppet show, following the adventures of two brothers as they explore the galaxy, is coming to South Woodford for one day only.
Slapdash Galaxy, which includes a 3D space chase, is the perfect family show and gives the audience a chance to see how the performance is put together.
Writer and performer Jeff Achtem said: “Slapdash Galaxy originally came together as I wanted to set a show in space.
“The idea of monsters and aliens and far-off galaxies made up from bits of rubbish seemed like a fun challenge.”
The story follows Sam and Junior as they travel the galaxy, looking for a new home planet.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Achtem added: “Most of the shadow puppetry is in front of the screen, so the audience gets a good look at how all the DIY illusions are created.
“People should expect to see a live action cartoon, full of humour, adventure and imagination.”
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 3 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 6 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 7 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 8 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 9 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 10 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
The show will be at the Redbridge Drama Centre, Churchfields, on Wednesday at 1.30pm and 7pm.