Remembrance Day: Soldiers to be commemorated at borough-wide services
- Credit: Archant
The community will come together today to commemorate the soldiers of all conflicts who have served our country.
Redbridge is hosting services to remember both those who came home – and those who did not.
The main event will take place at the Ilford War Memorial, in Eastern Avenue, Newbury Park, from 10.50am.
It will be followed by a service at the Wanstead War Memorial, in High Street, at 12.30pm.
St Peter’s Church, in Oaks Lane, Aldborough Hatch, is also holding its own event from 10.30am.
You may also want to watch:
It will feature a service, lunch and a talk from speaker Chris Brant, who will discuss the life of infamous field marshal Douglas Haig.
The borough is also hosting two services on Tuesday – Armistice Day.
- 1 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 2 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 10 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
The first, organised by the Fairlop Heritage Group, will take place at 10.45am at Fairlop Waters Country Park.
A dedication and unveiling of a plaque will follow at 12.15pm at Barkingside Cemetery, in Longwood Gardens, Clayhall.
The Recorder will be reporting from the Ilford and Wanstead services. Keep an eye on the website for coverage through the day.