Remembrance Day: Soldiers to be commemorated at borough-wide services
- Credit: Archant
The community will come together today to commemorate the soldiers of all conflicts who have served our country.
Redbridge is hosting services to remember both those who came home – and those who did not.
The main event will take place at the Ilford War Memorial, in Eastern Avenue, Newbury Park, from 10.50am.
It will be followed by a service at the Wanstead War Memorial, in High Street, at 12.30pm.
St Peter’s Church, in Oaks Lane, Aldborough Hatch, is also holding its own event from 10.30am.
You may also want to watch:
It will feature a service, lunch and a talk from speaker Chris Brant, who will discuss the life of infamous field marshal Douglas Haig.
The borough is also hosting two services on Tuesday – Armistice Day.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 8 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
The first, organised by the Fairlop Heritage Group, will take place at 10.45am at Fairlop Waters Country Park.
A dedication and unveiling of a plaque will follow at 12.15pm at Barkingside Cemetery, in Longwood Gardens, Clayhall.
The Recorder will be reporting from the Ilford and Wanstead services. Keep an eye on the website for coverage through the day.