Remembrance Day: Soldiers to be commemorated at borough-wide services
- Credit: Archant
The community will come together today to commemorate the soldiers of all conflicts who have served our country.
Redbridge is hosting services to remember both those who came home – and those who did not.
The main event will take place at the Ilford War Memorial, in Eastern Avenue, Newbury Park, from 10.50am.
It will be followed by a service at the Wanstead War Memorial, in High Street, at 12.30pm.
St Peter’s Church, in Oaks Lane, Aldborough Hatch, is also holding its own event from 10.30am.
You may also want to watch:
It will feature a service, lunch and a talk from speaker Chris Brant, who will discuss the life of infamous field marshal Douglas Haig.
The borough is also hosting two services on Tuesday – Armistice Day.
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Chadwell Heath academy
- 2 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 3 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 4 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 5 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 6 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 9 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 10 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
The first, organised by the Fairlop Heritage Group, will take place at 10.45am at Fairlop Waters Country Park.
A dedication and unveiling of a plaque will follow at 12.15pm at Barkingside Cemetery, in Longwood Gardens, Clayhall.
The Recorder will be reporting from the Ilford and Wanstead services. Keep an eye on the website for coverage through the day.