Remembrance Day: Soldiers to be commemorated at borough-wide services
- Credit: Archant
The community will come together today to commemorate the soldiers of all conflicts who have served our country.
Redbridge is hosting services to remember both those who came home – and those who did not.
The main event will take place at the Ilford War Memorial, in Eastern Avenue, Newbury Park, from 10.50am.
It will be followed by a service at the Wanstead War Memorial, in High Street, at 12.30pm.
St Peter’s Church, in Oaks Lane, Aldborough Hatch, is also holding its own event from 10.30am.
It will feature a service, lunch and a talk from speaker Chris Brant, who will discuss the life of infamous field marshal Douglas Haig.
The borough is also hosting two services on Tuesday – Armistice Day.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of Ilford murder as police name victim
- 2 Tributes paid to law graduate murdered as she walked home in Ilford
- 3 Murder investigation launched after woman fatally attacked in Ilford
- 4 Air ambulance lands after man stabbed in South Woodford
- 5 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Valentines Park
- 6 Zara Aleena: Man charged with Ilford murder
- 7 Homes under the Planner: Applications approved or refused in Redbridge
- 8 Mayor tells borough's youth: 'Be ambitious for Redbridge'
- 9 Series of failures sees Met Police placed under special measures
- 10 Guilty: Hainault man admits traffic light stabbing
The first, organised by the Fairlop Heritage Group, will take place at 10.45am at Fairlop Waters Country Park.
A dedication and unveiling of a plaque will follow at 12.15pm at Barkingside Cemetery, in Longwood Gardens, Clayhall.
The Recorder will be reporting from the Ilford and Wanstead services. Keep an eye on the website for coverage through the day.