Remembrance Day 2019: Where and when you can pay your respects in Redbridge
- Credit: Archant
Redbridge will host six wreath-laying events this weekend. Here we list where and when each of them will take place.
War veterans, churches and Redbridge residents are preparing to pay their respects for the fallen at the Remembrance ceremonies.
Arranged by the council in conjunction with the Royal British Legion, there will be a service of remembrance on Sunday November 10 at Ilford War Memorial.
Other services will be held at Woodford War Memorial, Hainault War Memorial, Wanstead War Memorial, Fairlop Waters Country Park and Snaresbrook Garden of Remembrance.
The Mayor of Redbridge Cllr Zulfiqar Hussain said: "Every year, we fall silent for two minutes to remember the brave service personnel who have died in wars and conflict.
You may also want to watch:
"It is only fitting that we pay tribute to these men and women, past and present, of all our armed forces who have made the ultimate sacrifice to keep us safe. We are both humbled and honoured, and owe them a debt of gratitude."
Details of events in the borough can be found below:
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 6 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 7 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 8 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 9 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 10 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
Saturday, 9th November @ Woodford War Memorial
Dedication of the Field of Remembrance, High Road, South Woodford. Arranged by Revd Canon Ian Tarrant. Please assemble at St Mary's Church Hall, High Road, South Woodford at 8:40am. The service will commence at 9:00am.
Sunday, 10th November @ Ilford War Memorial
Civic Service of Remembrance, Memorial Gardens, Eastern Avenue, Newbury Park, arranged by the council in liaison with the Royal British Legion.
Please arrive by 10:40am for the service, which begins at 10:50am. Past Mayors, Councillors, Officers and their guests are requested to proceed to the area reserved for them. Please note that the gates will be closed at 10:40am and access after this time will be to the public area only.
Sunday, 10th November @ Hainault War Memorial
Service arranged by Councillor Roy Emmett at the Hainault War Memorial, Manford Way and will commence at 10.45am.
Sunday, 10th November @ Wanstead War Memorial
Service arranged by Cllr Daniel Morgan-Thomas at the Wanstead War Memorial, High Street, Wanstead and will commence at 12.30pm.
Monday, 11th November @ Fairlop Waters Country Park
Service arranged by Fairlop Heritage Group at Fairlop Waters Country Park, Forest Road, Barkingside at 10.45am.
Monday 11th November @ Snaresbrook Garden of Remembrance
Service arranged by Colin Cronin, former Councillor. Please arrive by 10:45am.