Redbridge mayor cuts the cake at Kenneth More Theatre’s 40th birthday
- Credit: Archant
Everyone was invited to join the celebrations to honour the Kenneth More Theatre’s 40 years of entertaining the public.
General manager and artistic director, Steven Day, said: “It was a really nice event and to have that many board members there and people linked with the theatre was the icing on the cake.
“It has sort of kick started the year because there will be a lot going on to celebrate our 40th birthday.”
The mayor of Redbridge, Cllr Ashley Kissin, and the deputy leader of the council, Cllr Wes Streeting, also joined in with the festivities which included a huge cake.
The founding and former general manager and artistic director, Vivyan Ellacott, also joined the bash at the Oakfield Road theatre.
You may also want to watch:
He retired in 2010 after 35 years of working at the Kenneth More Theatre but still remains involved.
Mr Day added: “This year is going to be fantastic.
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 4 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 5 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 6 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 7 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 8 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
- 9 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 10 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
“I know we say it every time but we really do have something for everyone going on from pantos to the ballet and everything in between.”
For more information or booking call the box office on 020 8553 4466 or visit their website at kmtheatre.co.uk