Redbridge mayor cuts the cake at Kenneth More Theatre’s 40th birthday
- Credit: Archant
Everyone was invited to join the celebrations to honour the Kenneth More Theatre’s 40 years of entertaining the public.
General manager and artistic director, Steven Day, said: “It was a really nice event and to have that many board members there and people linked with the theatre was the icing on the cake.
“It has sort of kick started the year because there will be a lot going on to celebrate our 40th birthday.”
The mayor of Redbridge, Cllr Ashley Kissin, and the deputy leader of the council, Cllr Wes Streeting, also joined in with the festivities which included a huge cake.
The founding and former general manager and artistic director, Vivyan Ellacott, also joined the bash at the Oakfield Road theatre.
He retired in 2010 after 35 years of working at the Kenneth More Theatre but still remains involved.
Mr Day added: “This year is going to be fantastic.
- 1 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 2 Mercato Metropolitano to host taster market in Ilford
- 3 Thief threatened woman with bottle at Ilford High Road Sainsbury's Local
- 4 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 5 Call for witnesses after man, 54, dies following Eastern Avenue collision
- 6 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 7 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 8 Covid-19: How Redbridge's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 10 Festivities planned to mark Ilford's Christmas lights switch-on
“I know we say it every time but we really do have something for everyone going on from pantos to the ballet and everything in between.”
For more information or booking call the box office on 020 8553 4466 or visit their website at kmtheatre.co.uk