Redbridge mayor cuts the cake at Kenneth More Theatre’s 40th birthday
- Credit: Archant
Everyone was invited to join the celebrations to honour the Kenneth More Theatre’s 40 years of entertaining the public.
General manager and artistic director, Steven Day, said: “It was a really nice event and to have that many board members there and people linked with the theatre was the icing on the cake.
“It has sort of kick started the year because there will be a lot going on to celebrate our 40th birthday.”
The mayor of Redbridge, Cllr Ashley Kissin, and the deputy leader of the council, Cllr Wes Streeting, also joined in with the festivities which included a huge cake.
The founding and former general manager and artistic director, Vivyan Ellacott, also joined the bash at the Oakfield Road theatre.
You may also want to watch:
He retired in 2010 after 35 years of working at the Kenneth More Theatre but still remains involved.
Mr Day added: “This year is going to be fantastic.
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Chadwell Heath academy
- 2 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 3 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 4 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 5 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 6 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 9 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 10 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
“I know we say it every time but we really do have something for everyone going on from pantos to the ballet and everything in between.”
For more information or booking call the box office on 020 8553 4466 or visit their website at kmtheatre.co.uk