Redbridge mayor cuts the cake at Kenneth More Theatre’s 40th birthday
- Credit: Archant
Everyone was invited to join the celebrations to honour the Kenneth More Theatre’s 40 years of entertaining the public.
General manager and artistic director, Steven Day, said: “It was a really nice event and to have that many board members there and people linked with the theatre was the icing on the cake.
“It has sort of kick started the year because there will be a lot going on to celebrate our 40th birthday.”
The mayor of Redbridge, Cllr Ashley Kissin, and the deputy leader of the council, Cllr Wes Streeting, also joined in with the festivities which included a huge cake.
The founding and former general manager and artistic director, Vivyan Ellacott, also joined the bash at the Oakfield Road theatre.
You may also want to watch:
He retired in 2010 after 35 years of working at the Kenneth More Theatre but still remains involved.
Mr Day added: “This year is going to be fantastic.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 6 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 7 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 8 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
“I know we say it every time but we really do have something for everyone going on from pantos to the ballet and everything in between.”
For more information or booking call the box office on 020 8553 4466 or visit their website at kmtheatre.co.uk