Queen coming to Barkingside to unveil new Barnardo’s headquarters next week
- Credit: Archant
The Queen is coming to Barkingside next week.
She will officially open the newly built headquarters of children’s charity Barnardo’s together with the Duchess of Cornwall.
The head office in Tanners Lane, Barkingside, was completed in the autumn and replaced a 1960s block.
Her Majesty is patron of Barnardo’s, while the Duchess of Cornwall is its president.
They will go on a tour of the building and unveil a plaque to commemorate its opening.
Peter Brook, acting chief executive of Barnardo’s, said: “We are delighted that our Royal patron and our president will be officially opening our new Barkingside headquarters.
“They will meet children, young people and families that we work with from across the country and will be able to hear first-hand about our work in the areas of leaving care and family placement.
- 1 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Valentines Park
- 2 Air ambulance lands after man stabbed in South Woodford
- 3 Homes under the Planner: Applications approved or refused in Redbridge
- 4 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 5 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 6 Guilty: Hainault man admits traffic light stabbing
- 7 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 8 Man collapses as two arrested following Cranbrook Road crash
- 9 How many Covid patients are in hospital in east London this week?
- 10 Goodmayes fatal stabbing: Double murder trial set to open
“The visit will also give us the opportunity to celebrate our staff, volunteers and supporters, and to rejoice in nearly 150 years of helping transform the lives of the UK’s most vulnerable children, with the belief that children deserve a strong start in life and grow up in safe, loving homes.”
The visit on the afternoon of Tuesday, December 10, will be the second by the Queen in less than two years.
In March last year she came to Valentines Park, Emerson Road, Ilford, to visit Valentines Mansion and its surroundings as part of her Diamond Jubilee tour.