Queen coming to Barkingside to unveil new Barnardo’s headquarters next week
- Credit: Archant
The Queen is coming to Barkingside next week.
She will officially open the newly built headquarters of children’s charity Barnardo’s together with the Duchess of Cornwall.
The head office in Tanners Lane, Barkingside, was completed in the autumn and replaced a 1960s block.
Her Majesty is patron of Barnardo’s, while the Duchess of Cornwall is its president.
They will go on a tour of the building and unveil a plaque to commemorate its opening.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Brook, acting chief executive of Barnardo’s, said: “We are delighted that our Royal patron and our president will be officially opening our new Barkingside headquarters.
“They will meet children, young people and families that we work with from across the country and will be able to hear first-hand about our work in the areas of leaving care and family placement.
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 3 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 4 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 5 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 6 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 9 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 10 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
“The visit will also give us the opportunity to celebrate our staff, volunteers and supporters, and to rejoice in nearly 150 years of helping transform the lives of the UK’s most vulnerable children, with the belief that children deserve a strong start in life and grow up in safe, loving homes.”
The visit on the afternoon of Tuesday, December 10, will be the second by the Queen in less than two years.
In March last year she came to Valentines Park, Emerson Road, Ilford, to visit Valentines Mansion and its surroundings as part of her Diamond Jubilee tour.