Queen coming to Barkingside to unveil new Barnardo’s headquarters next week
- Credit: Archant
The Queen is coming to Barkingside next week.
She will officially open the newly built headquarters of children’s charity Barnardo’s together with the Duchess of Cornwall.
The head office in Tanners Lane, Barkingside, was completed in the autumn and replaced a 1960s block.
Her Majesty is patron of Barnardo’s, while the Duchess of Cornwall is its president.
They will go on a tour of the building and unveil a plaque to commemorate its opening.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Brook, acting chief executive of Barnardo’s, said: “We are delighted that our Royal patron and our president will be officially opening our new Barkingside headquarters.
“They will meet children, young people and families that we work with from across the country and will be able to hear first-hand about our work in the areas of leaving care and family placement.
- 1 Young Citizen: Ilford student who assisted at crash campaigns for more first aid
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 5 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 6 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 7 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 8 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 9 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
- 10 'I convened a meeting for residents and businesses in the York Road area'
“The visit will also give us the opportunity to celebrate our staff, volunteers and supporters, and to rejoice in nearly 150 years of helping transform the lives of the UK’s most vulnerable children, with the belief that children deserve a strong start in life and grow up in safe, loving homes.”
The visit on the afternoon of Tuesday, December 10, will be the second by the Queen in less than two years.
In March last year she came to Valentines Park, Emerson Road, Ilford, to visit Valentines Mansion and its surroundings as part of her Diamond Jubilee tour.