Petition launched to keep the Cauliflower in Ilford a pub
- Credit: Archant
A petition has been launched to keep the Cauliflower on Ilford High Road a pub.
Launched on Monday, the petition states: “The Cauliflower pub [in High Road] is part of our heritage and was built on an old market and cauliflower patch, dating back to before 1897.”
John Law, who has started the petition, said: “The Cauliflower pub is up for sale and I have confirmed with the planning and regeneration department that the building is locally listed.
“The message that must be given to the council here is that [it] must not allow any planning application [that] changes the purpose of the building from that of a pub. Please sign this petition to help us keep this lovely old pub.”
The pub was put up for sale in May for offers in the region of £400,000.
You may also want to watch:
To sign the petition, visit https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/keep_the_cauliflower_a_pub.
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 4 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 5 Wanstead wine expert launches new shop
- 6 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 7 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 8 Calls to extend school streets consultation
- 9 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays