Petition launched to keep the Cauliflower in Ilford a pub
- Credit: Archant
A petition has been launched to keep the Cauliflower on Ilford High Road a pub.
Launched on Monday, the petition states: “The Cauliflower pub [in High Road] is part of our heritage and was built on an old market and cauliflower patch, dating back to before 1897.”
John Law, who has started the petition, said: “The Cauliflower pub is up for sale and I have confirmed with the planning and regeneration department that the building is locally listed.
“The message that must be given to the council here is that [it] must not allow any planning application [that] changes the purpose of the building from that of a pub. Please sign this petition to help us keep this lovely old pub.”
The pub was put up for sale in May for offers in the region of £400,000.
You may also want to watch:
To sign the petition, visit https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/keep_the_cauliflower_a_pub.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 4 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 5 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 6 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 7 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap