Petition launched to keep the Cauliflower in Ilford a pub
- Credit: Archant
A petition has been launched to keep the Cauliflower on Ilford High Road a pub.
Launched on Monday, the petition states: “The Cauliflower pub [in High Road] is part of our heritage and was built on an old market and cauliflower patch, dating back to before 1897.”
John Law, who has started the petition, said: “The Cauliflower pub is up for sale and I have confirmed with the planning and regeneration department that the building is locally listed.
“The message that must be given to the council here is that [it] must not allow any planning application [that] changes the purpose of the building from that of a pub. Please sign this petition to help us keep this lovely old pub.”
The pub was put up for sale in May for offers in the region of £400,000.
You may also want to watch:
To sign the petition, visit https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/keep_the_cauliflower_a_pub.
- 1 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 2 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 7 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 8 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 9 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 10 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London