John Cryer MP will join Wanstead and Woodford Friends of the Earth event to mark Climate Week
Leyton and Wanstead MP John Cryer will be a special guest of Wanstead and Woodford Friends of the Earth to mark Climate Week.
The group will be marking the event on March 8 with a public screening of Gasland at Wanstead Library.
The documentary follows the booming US shale gas industry and the controversial practice of “fracking”.
Friends of the Earth member Diana Korchien said the film “graphically exposes the risk to human health and the environment” caused by the hydraulic fracturing process.
The film is being shown to support the Clean British Energy Campaign.
You may also want to watch:
Green Party leader Natalie Bennett will join Mr Cryer after the screening for an audience discussion with Friends of the Earth energy specialist Guy Shrubsole.
The free screening will be at 6.30pm at the library in Spratt Hall Road, Wanstead.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 5 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 6 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 7 Tributes paid to Ilford jazz legend Keith Nichols, who died from Covid
- 8 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 9 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?
- 10 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
Wanstead and Woodford Friends of the Earth is part of a national network of local groups campaigning to raise awareness and solve environmental issues.
n For information, visit www.foe.co.uk/groups/wanstead.