John Cryer MP will join Wanstead and Woodford Friends of the Earth event to mark Climate Week
Leyton and Wanstead MP John Cryer will be a special guest of Wanstead and Woodford Friends of the Earth to mark Climate Week.
The group will be marking the event on March 8 with a public screening of Gasland at Wanstead Library.
The documentary follows the booming US shale gas industry and the controversial practice of “fracking”.
Friends of the Earth member Diana Korchien said the film “graphically exposes the risk to human health and the environment” caused by the hydraulic fracturing process.
The film is being shown to support the Clean British Energy Campaign.
You may also want to watch:
Green Party leader Natalie Bennett will join Mr Cryer after the screening for an audience discussion with Friends of the Earth energy specialist Guy Shrubsole.
The free screening will be at 6.30pm at the library in Spratt Hall Road, Wanstead.
- 1 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 2 Seven Kings barbers closes after 62 years in business
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Ilford grandfather to run 37th London Marathon months after Covid battle
- 5 'It's a surreal feeling': New coffee shop opens in Redbridge
- 6 Council to approve children's performances after monkey costume scandal
- 7 'Grab this chance to save her life': Wanstead woman battling chronic illness urgently needs £200k for surgeries
- 8 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 9 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 10 DJ's fundraising bid to help twin return home after months in hospital
Wanstead and Woodford Friends of the Earth is part of a national network of local groups campaigning to raise awareness and solve environmental issues.
n For information, visit www.foe.co.uk/groups/wanstead.