John Cryer MP will join Wanstead and Woodford Friends of the Earth event to mark Climate Week
Leyton and Wanstead MP John Cryer will be a special guest of Wanstead and Woodford Friends of the Earth to mark Climate Week.
The group will be marking the event on March 8 with a public screening of Gasland at Wanstead Library.
The documentary follows the booming US shale gas industry and the controversial practice of “fracking”.
Friends of the Earth member Diana Korchien said the film “graphically exposes the risk to human health and the environment” caused by the hydraulic fracturing process.
The film is being shown to support the Clean British Energy Campaign.
Green Party leader Natalie Bennett will join Mr Cryer after the screening for an audience discussion with Friends of the Earth energy specialist Guy Shrubsole.
The free screening will be at 6.30pm at the library in Spratt Hall Road, Wanstead.
- 1 Jailed: Husband who murdered wife at family home in Ilford
- 2 Jailed: Redbridge drug dealer caught out by police sniffer dog
- 3 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 4 Zara Aleena: Man charged with Ilford murder
- 5 Vigil to be held this Saturday for 'pure of heart' Zara Aleena
- 6 'My life will never be the same': Daughter raises hundreds in tribute to her 'kind, caring' Ilford dad
- 7 Dagenham man in court over Zara Aleena murder
- 8 Jailed: Man stabbed driver of another car stopped at traffic lights
- 9 'A joy to us all': Zara Aleena's family pay tribute after 'sickening' death
- 10 Shop space for small businesses launches in Ilford
Wanstead and Woodford Friends of the Earth is part of a national network of local groups campaigning to raise awareness and solve environmental issues.
n For information, visit www.foe.co.uk/groups/wanstead.