Ilford elderly share cherished memories as part of national week
Elderly people in Ilford will be reminiscing together as part of Memory Share Week next week.
Bupa care homes have started the initiative to “encourage everyone to do more to capture family memories”.
Seabrooke Manor Residential and Nursing Home, in Lavender Place, is celebrating with a party on Monday (14).
Bupa Care Homes’ community and partnerships manager, Siobhan Drane, said: ““It is surprising how little we actually know about our nearest and dearest, and so we want as many people as possible to make a special effort to share their most important memories with the ones who matter, with the help of our Map of Life.”
The online tool is available at www.bupa.co.uk/mapoflife
You may also want to watch:
The week is being supported by charity Age Exchange, which creates dramas and documentaries to preserve memories.
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 3 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 6 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 7 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 10 Temporary post office to open in South Woodford