Ilford elderly share cherished memories as part of national week
Elderly people in Ilford will be reminiscing together as part of Memory Share Week next week.
Bupa care homes have started the initiative to “encourage everyone to do more to capture family memories”.
Seabrooke Manor Residential and Nursing Home, in Lavender Place, is celebrating with a party on Monday (14).
Bupa Care Homes’ community and partnerships manager, Siobhan Drane, said: ““It is surprising how little we actually know about our nearest and dearest, and so we want as many people as possible to make a special effort to share their most important memories with the ones who matter, with the help of our Map of Life.”
The online tool is available at www.bupa.co.uk/mapoflife
You may also want to watch:
The week is being supported by charity Age Exchange, which creates dramas and documentaries to preserve memories.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 4 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 5 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 6 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 7 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 8 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
- 9 Need for Frenford Foodbank won't end when pandemic does, say volunteers
- 10 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest