Ilford elderly share cherished memories as part of national week
Elderly people in Ilford will be reminiscing together as part of Memory Share Week next week.
Bupa care homes have started the initiative to “encourage everyone to do more to capture family memories”.
Seabrooke Manor Residential and Nursing Home, in Lavender Place, is celebrating with a party on Monday (14).
Bupa Care Homes’ community and partnerships manager, Siobhan Drane, said: ““It is surprising how little we actually know about our nearest and dearest, and so we want as many people as possible to make a special effort to share their most important memories with the ones who matter, with the help of our Map of Life.”
The online tool is available at www.bupa.co.uk/mapoflife
You may also want to watch:
The week is being supported by charity Age Exchange, which creates dramas and documentaries to preserve memories.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 3 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 4 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 5 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 6 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 9 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 10 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms