Ilford elderly share cherished memories as part of national week
Elderly people in Ilford will be reminiscing together as part of Memory Share Week next week.
Bupa care homes have started the initiative to “encourage everyone to do more to capture family memories”.
Seabrooke Manor Residential and Nursing Home, in Lavender Place, is celebrating with a party on Monday (14).
Bupa Care Homes’ community and partnerships manager, Siobhan Drane, said: ““It is surprising how little we actually know about our nearest and dearest, and so we want as many people as possible to make a special effort to share their most important memories with the ones who matter, with the help of our Map of Life.”
The online tool is available at www.bupa.co.uk/mapoflife
You may also want to watch:
The week is being supported by charity Age Exchange, which creates dramas and documentaries to preserve memories.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 5 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 6 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 7 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine