Green group’s film contest is about ‘Barkingside spirit’
- Credit: Archant
An environmental group is calling on filmmakers of all abilities to tell the world about Barkingside.
The Barkingside Short Film Competition 2015 is open to people of all ages and backgrounds, and is offering entrants a chance to win a £100 prize.
Two runner-ups will get £50 each.
The theme for the films is “love Barkingside”.
The competition has been launched by Barkingside 21 and will be judged by a panel including Ilford North MP Wes Streeting, a Barkingside 21 committee member, a filmmaker and a journalist.
You may also want to watch:
Barkingside 21’s Mira Vogel, 41, who is organising the competition, said: “We were thinking about ways to boost Barkingside and get people thinking about the good things the area has to offer – it’s about celebrating the area.
“A lot of people have smartphones and it’s possible for people to make films without spending extra money. It’s a nice way to bring the Barkingside community together.”
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 3 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 7 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 8 Man charged in connection with alleged police car ramming in Ilford
- 9 Man taken to 'trauma centre' after head injury at Hainault station
- 10 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
The competition, which requires entrants to submit a two-minute film or animation, is open to residents and those who visit the area.
The videos, which can be anything from a documentary, drama or montage, then have to be uploaded to a video-sharing website and submitted to the group.
Those taking part are being encouraged to use any video making equipment available to them.
“People might be put off because they think it has to be professional but it doesn’t have to be,” said Mira. “It doesn’t have to be polished – it just has to have the spirit of Barkingside.”
Those interested should enter by Wednesday, September 30. The winner will be announced on Friday, October 30. For more details visit delivr.com/2re6x