Gallery: Services held in Clayhall and Barkingside to mark Armistice Day
- Credit: Archant
The community took a moment to pause today and remember all those who have served our country.
Redbridge held two events to mark Armistice Day, the anniversary of the First World War officially ending.
The first was held at 10.45am at Fairlop Waters Country Park, in Forest Road, Barkingside.
It was organised by the Fairlop Heritage Group.
A service in Clayhall followed at 12.15pm.
You may also want to watch:
A plaque commemorating some of the Redbridge residents who died during the conflict was unveiled at Barkingside Cemetery, in Longwood Gardens.
The mayor, Cllr Ashley Kissin, attended both of the events.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 4 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 7 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 8 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford