Gallery: Services held in Clayhall and Barkingside to mark Armistice Day
- Credit: Archant
The community took a moment to pause today and remember all those who have served our country.
Redbridge held two events to mark Armistice Day, the anniversary of the First World War officially ending.
The first was held at 10.45am at Fairlop Waters Country Park, in Forest Road, Barkingside.
It was organised by the Fairlop Heritage Group.
A service in Clayhall followed at 12.15pm.
You may also want to watch:
A plaque commemorating some of the Redbridge residents who died during the conflict was unveiled at Barkingside Cemetery, in Longwood Gardens.
The mayor, Cllr Ashley Kissin, attended both of the events.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 7 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 8 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 9 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 10 Women use experiences to offer safety insights about Redbridge