Friends of Valentines Mansion hold first cabaret including singer Catherine Lima
- Credit: Archant
The grandeur of Valentines Mansion was the perfect setting for a sophisticated evening of music and dance.
A cabaret, organised by the Friends of Valentines Mansion and featuring Woodford jazz crooners The Wheezards, entertained guests on February 15.
Singer Catherine Lima is a seasoned performer, who spent eight years in musical theatre before making her name on the jazz circuit.
It was the first cabaret organised by the Friends of Valentines Mansion, who raise money to preserve and improve the 17th century house.
Chairman Barbara Nocaro said: “It went very well, people had a wonderful time.
You may also want to watch:
“The music was brilliant and some couples danced.
“It was good to try something new.” There are no plans as yet for another cabaret at the Mansion.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 10 Public in 'parallel universe' to hospitals on Covid measures, meeting told
For information on joining the Friends and their work, visit www.valentines.org.uk or email email@example.com.