Friends of Valentines Mansion hold first cabaret including singer Catherine Lima
- Credit: Archant
The grandeur of Valentines Mansion was the perfect setting for a sophisticated evening of music and dance.
A cabaret, organised by the Friends of Valentines Mansion and featuring Woodford jazz crooners The Wheezards, entertained guests on February 15.
Singer Catherine Lima is a seasoned performer, who spent eight years in musical theatre before making her name on the jazz circuit.
It was the first cabaret organised by the Friends of Valentines Mansion, who raise money to preserve and improve the 17th century house.
Chairman Barbara Nocaro said: “It went very well, people had a wonderful time.
“The music was brilliant and some couples danced.
“It was good to try something new.” There are no plans as yet for another cabaret at the Mansion.
- 1 Jailed: Husband who murdered wife at family home in Ilford
- 2 Jailed: Redbridge drug dealer caught out by police sniffer dog
- 3 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 4 Zara Aleena: Man charged with Ilford murder
- 5 Vigil to be held this Saturday for 'pure of heart' Zara Aleena
- 6 'My life will never be the same': Daughter raises hundreds in tribute to her 'kind, caring' Ilford dad
- 7 Dagenham man in court over Zara Aleena murder
- 8 Jailed: Man stabbed driver of another car stopped at traffic lights
- 9 'A joy to us all': Zara Aleena's family pay tribute after 'sickening' death
- 10 Shop space for small businesses launches in Ilford
For information on joining the Friends and their work, visit www.valentines.org.uk or email email@example.com.