Friends of Valentines Mansion hold first cabaret including singer Catherine Lima
- Credit: Archant
The grandeur of Valentines Mansion was the perfect setting for a sophisticated evening of music and dance.
A cabaret, organised by the Friends of Valentines Mansion and featuring Woodford jazz crooners The Wheezards, entertained guests on February 15.
Singer Catherine Lima is a seasoned performer, who spent eight years in musical theatre before making her name on the jazz circuit.
It was the first cabaret organised by the Friends of Valentines Mansion, who raise money to preserve and improve the 17th century house.
Chairman Barbara Nocaro said: “It went very well, people had a wonderful time.
You may also want to watch:
“The music was brilliant and some couples danced.
“It was good to try something new.” There are no plans as yet for another cabaret at the Mansion.
- 1 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
For information on joining the Friends and their work, visit www.valentines.org.uk or email email@example.com.