Friends of Valentines Mansion hold first cabaret including singer Catherine Lima
- Credit: Archant
The grandeur of Valentines Mansion was the perfect setting for a sophisticated evening of music and dance.
A cabaret, organised by the Friends of Valentines Mansion and featuring Woodford jazz crooners The Wheezards, entertained guests on February 15.
Singer Catherine Lima is a seasoned performer, who spent eight years in musical theatre before making her name on the jazz circuit.
It was the first cabaret organised by the Friends of Valentines Mansion, who raise money to preserve and improve the 17th century house.
Chairman Barbara Nocaro said: “It went very well, people had a wonderful time.
You may also want to watch:
“The music was brilliant and some couples danced.
“It was good to try something new.” There are no plans as yet for another cabaret at the Mansion.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 5 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 6 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
For information on joining the Friends and their work, visit www.valentines.org.uk or email email@example.com.