Former Seven Kings stripper relives wild nights following film release
- Credit: Archant
A former stripper has been reliving his glory days following the success of a Hollywood blockbuster.
Brian Jason, 68, who lived in Swindon Close, Seven Kings, and performed around the world, was taken back after watching stripper film Magic Mike XXL starring Channing Tatum.
Brian became Redbridge’s very own Magic Mike when he was spotted by a strip act organiser while working as a lifeguard in Devon in the early 1980s. “An elderly woman approached me – I was in a pair of briefs – and she asked me if I wanted to strip and I said no chance,” said Brian.
Soon Brian was out of work and made contact with the organiser as a last resort.
“There was a big show down in Canvey Island. There was about 600 or more women there,” said Brian, who had to step up when headline act Fabulous Joe pulled out.
You may also want to watch:
“The organisers said they had all these women out there screaming and they told me to get changed.
“I took a deep breath and I was stuck out there on stage, but I must have been doing something right – the women were shouting ‘off! Off! Off!’ – I didn’t know that I was meant to wear a g-string, so I went full Monty.”
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 3 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 4 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 5 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 6 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 7 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 10 Temporary post office to open in South Woodford
The performance sparked a 25-year long career in stripping, performing all over the UK and Europe.
“After that performance every agent wanted me,” said Brian, who now lives in Walthamstow.
Speaking about his performances he said: “The first thing I get before I get on stage is butterflies. But once the music starts and everything comes into place, you overcome all your nerves.
“I used to let the women touch me – why not?”
He added: “The new film’s brought back so many memories – it’s brought it all back, it’s history repeating itself.”
Despite leaving the world of stripping behind, the ex-stripper still manages to keep fit and prides himself on his physique.
Brian, who once worked out with Arnold Schwarzenegger at Wag Bennett’s gym in Forest Gate, said: “The only person that can stop you is yourself.”