Dragons will roam Ilford - St George’s Day plans for borough include ‘dragon egg hunt’ and Punch and Judy show
Dragons will be roaming the streets of Ilford to mark St George’s Day.
The dragons will be accompanied by helpers handing out England flags and St George-themed gifts as part of programme of entertainment organised by Redbridge Culture Team.
Other events on April 23 include a dragon egg hunt in Mansion Gardens, from 11am-3pm and a St George and the Dragon storytelling session for under-fives, from 10.30-11am, in Redbridge Central Library, Clements Road, Ilford.
The library will also see traditional Punch and Judy shows at noon, 2pm and 4pm.
At Valentines Mansion, Emerson Road, Ilford, there will be folk music and a St George’s quiz, from 2-4.30pm.
Tickets for the event are £10.
To book, call 020 8708 8110. A St George’s-themed cream tea dance is being held in Sir James Hawkey Hall, Woodford, on April 17 for those wishing to grab an early cream tea. The dance runs from 1.15-4pm, tickets are £5 (£4 Leisure Pass) on the door.
- 1 Met investigates cause of Mossford Green cemetery blaze
- 2 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 3 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 4 Caught on camera: 6 wanted fly-tippers and litterbugs
- 5 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Wendy's Ilford: New opening date for High Road restaurant after delay
- 8 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 9 Wendy's to open Ilford restaurant next week
- 10 Zouma brothers to face the courts amid animal abuse allegations
For more information on all St George’s Day events, call 020 8708 2857 or visit www.redbridge.gov.uk.