Dragons will roam Ilford - St George’s Day plans for borough include ‘dragon egg hunt’ and Punch and Judy show
Dragons will be roaming the streets of Ilford to mark St George’s Day.
The dragons will be accompanied by helpers handing out England flags and St George-themed gifts as part of programme of entertainment organised by Redbridge Culture Team.
Other events on April 23 include a dragon egg hunt in Mansion Gardens, from 11am-3pm and a St George and the Dragon storytelling session for under-fives, from 10.30-11am, in Redbridge Central Library, Clements Road, Ilford.
The library will also see traditional Punch and Judy shows at noon, 2pm and 4pm.
At Valentines Mansion, Emerson Road, Ilford, there will be folk music and a St George’s quiz, from 2-4.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the event are £10.
To book, call 020 8708 8110. A St George’s-themed cream tea dance is being held in Sir James Hawkey Hall, Woodford, on April 17 for those wishing to grab an early cream tea. The dance runs from 1.15-4pm, tickets are £5 (£4 Leisure Pass) on the door.
- 1 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 7 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 8 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 9 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
For more information on all St George’s Day events, call 020 8708 2857 or visit www.redbridge.gov.uk.