Dragons will roam Ilford - St George’s Day plans for borough include ‘dragon egg hunt’ and Punch and Judy show
Dragons will be roaming the streets of Ilford to mark St George’s Day.
The dragons will be accompanied by helpers handing out England flags and St George-themed gifts as part of programme of entertainment organised by Redbridge Culture Team.
Other events on April 23 include a dragon egg hunt in Mansion Gardens, from 11am-3pm and a St George and the Dragon storytelling session for under-fives, from 10.30-11am, in Redbridge Central Library, Clements Road, Ilford.
The library will also see traditional Punch and Judy shows at noon, 2pm and 4pm.
At Valentines Mansion, Emerson Road, Ilford, there will be folk music and a St George’s quiz, from 2-4.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the event are £10.
To book, call 020 8708 8110. A St George’s-themed cream tea dance is being held in Sir James Hawkey Hall, Woodford, on April 17 for those wishing to grab an early cream tea. The dance runs from 1.15-4pm, tickets are £5 (£4 Leisure Pass) on the door.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Waste reduction campaign launches with Redbridge fifth largest rubbish producer in England
- 4 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 5 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 6 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 7 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 8 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 9 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
For more information on all St George’s Day events, call 020 8708 2857 or visit www.redbridge.gov.uk.