Dragons will roam Ilford - St George’s Day plans for borough include ‘dragon egg hunt’ and Punch and Judy show
Dragons will be roaming the streets of Ilford to mark St George’s Day.
The dragons will be accompanied by helpers handing out England flags and St George-themed gifts as part of programme of entertainment organised by Redbridge Culture Team.
Other events on April 23 include a dragon egg hunt in Mansion Gardens, from 11am-3pm and a St George and the Dragon storytelling session for under-fives, from 10.30-11am, in Redbridge Central Library, Clements Road, Ilford.
The library will also see traditional Punch and Judy shows at noon, 2pm and 4pm.
At Valentines Mansion, Emerson Road, Ilford, there will be folk music and a St George’s quiz, from 2-4.30pm.
Tickets for the event are £10.
To book, call 020 8708 8110. A St George’s-themed cream tea dance is being held in Sir James Hawkey Hall, Woodford, on April 17 for those wishing to grab an early cream tea. The dance runs from 1.15-4pm, tickets are £5 (£4 Leisure Pass) on the door.
- 1 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 2 Update on search for older man walking barefoot along Chigwell Road
- 3 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 4 Missing man seen on Chigwell Road found 'safe and well'
- 5 Covid survivor, 16, urges people to get jabbed after months in hospital
- 6 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 7 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 8 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 9 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 10 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
For more information on all St George’s Day events, call 020 8708 2857 or visit www.redbridge.gov.uk.