Dragons will roam Ilford - St George’s Day plans for borough include ‘dragon egg hunt’ and Punch and Judy show
Dragons will be roaming the streets of Ilford to mark St George’s Day.
The dragons will be accompanied by helpers handing out England flags and St George-themed gifts as part of programme of entertainment organised by Redbridge Culture Team.
Other events on April 23 include a dragon egg hunt in Mansion Gardens, from 11am-3pm and a St George and the Dragon storytelling session for under-fives, from 10.30-11am, in Redbridge Central Library, Clements Road, Ilford.
The library will also see traditional Punch and Judy shows at noon, 2pm and 4pm.
At Valentines Mansion, Emerson Road, Ilford, there will be folk music and a St George’s quiz, from 2-4.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the event are £10.
To book, call 020 8708 8110. A St George’s-themed cream tea dance is being held in Sir James Hawkey Hall, Woodford, on April 17 for those wishing to grab an early cream tea. The dance runs from 1.15-4pm, tickets are £5 (£4 Leisure Pass) on the door.
- 1 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 2 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 3 South Woodford post office to close in the spring
- 4 South Woodford flat 'has parties several times a week during lockdown'
- 5 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 6 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?
- 7 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 8 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 9 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
For more information on all St George’s Day events, call 020 8708 2857 or visit www.redbridge.gov.uk.