Discover the history behind our taste for tea at Valentines Mansion talk
- Credit: Archant
Have you ever wondered where our taste for tea comes from?
Horticultural historian Russell Bower will be revealing the history of the nation’s favourite drink in a talk to the Ilford and District Diabetic Club on October 1.
Visitors to the talk in Ilford can enjoy a cuppa themselves at the event.
The talk will be in Valentines Mansion, Emerson Road, where past residents were known to be partial to taking high tea.
Entry for non-members is £2 including refreshments, talk starts at 7.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
The Ilford and District Diabetic Club holds talks and events for diabetes sufferers and their families.
For information, call Joan on 07985 277449 or visit www.ilford-and-district.diabetesukgroup.org.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 7 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust