Discover the history behind our taste for tea at Valentines Mansion talk
- Credit: Archant
Have you ever wondered where our taste for tea comes from?
Horticultural historian Russell Bower will be revealing the history of the nation’s favourite drink in a talk to the Ilford and District Diabetic Club on October 1.
Visitors to the talk in Ilford can enjoy a cuppa themselves at the event.
The talk will be in Valentines Mansion, Emerson Road, where past residents were known to be partial to taking high tea.
Entry for non-members is £2 including refreshments, talk starts at 7.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
The Ilford and District Diabetic Club holds talks and events for diabetes sufferers and their families.
For information, call Joan on 07985 277449 or visit www.ilford-and-district.diabetesukgroup.org.
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Chadwell Heath academy
- 2 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 3 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 4 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 5 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 6 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 9 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays