Chigwell holidaygoer who received ‘fake’ tickets from Barkingside travel agent shares experience on BBC1 show
A customer who received “fake” holiday tickets from a Barkingside travel agent has appeared on a BBC1 show talking about his experience.
Michael Fresco, 66, of Chigwell, spoke out about Felton Travel, State Parade, High Street, after he paid more than £4,000 for a holiday to Majorca.
Mr Fresco, who was told there was no recording of his booking when he arrived at Gatwick Airport in September last year, appeared on the BBC’s Don’t Get Done In The Sun on Wednesday of last week.
The documentary offered advice for travellers when booking holidays.
Speaking to the Recorder, Mr Fresco said: “All we get told is James Felton has gone insolvent, but that doesn’t explain why my holiday wasn’t booked almost two months before.”
You may also want to watch:
ABTA is investigating and customers are advised to contact them via www.abta.com.
Felton Travel failed to comment on the claims.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 7 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines