Chigwell holidaygoer who received ‘fake’ tickets from Barkingside travel agent shares experience on BBC1 show
A customer who received “fake” holiday tickets from a Barkingside travel agent has appeared on a BBC1 show talking about his experience.
Michael Fresco, 66, of Chigwell, spoke out about Felton Travel, State Parade, High Street, after he paid more than £4,000 for a holiday to Majorca.
Mr Fresco, who was told there was no recording of his booking when he arrived at Gatwick Airport in September last year, appeared on the BBC’s Don’t Get Done In The Sun on Wednesday of last week.
The documentary offered advice for travellers when booking holidays.
Speaking to the Recorder, Mr Fresco said: “All we get told is James Felton has gone insolvent, but that doesn’t explain why my holiday wasn’t booked almost two months before.”
You may also want to watch:
ABTA is investigating and customers are advised to contact them via www.abta.com.
Felton Travel failed to comment on the claims.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 4 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 7 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says
- 8 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 9 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence