Care home residents and families enjoy day at ‘the beach’ in Chadwell Heath
The British seaside came to a Chadwell Heath care home on Monday for a beach-themed charity fun day.
The residents and team at Chadwell Heath Residential Care Home, in Chadwell Heath Lane, invited people along to a fun-filled afternoon in the home’s garden, which was kitted out with sand, beach huts and even seaweed.
And, perhaps unlike the British seaside, the sun shone for the whole day. Home manager Chris Gammons said: “We have a lovely beach-themed garden at Chadwell House and thought a bank holiday barbecue and party would be the perfect opportunity to invite the local community to enjoy it with us.”
Visitors and residents enjoyed live music and entertainment including a belly dancing show and a mini-disco.
Roughly £500 was raised for the residents’ activities fund, which pays for trips and treats for them to enjoy.
You may also want to watch:
Brian Porch, the home’s bursar, hailed the day as a success.
He said: “It was fantastic, absolutely fantastic. The weather made it.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 5 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 6 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 7 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 10 Man charged with Ilford robbery
“Everybody enjoyed the sunshine in the garden.”
Around 140 people attended the day, including the residents of the home. Visitors included families of the residents and others from the local area.