Care home residents and families enjoy day at ‘the beach’ in Chadwell Heath
The British seaside came to a Chadwell Heath care home on Monday for a beach-themed charity fun day.
The residents and team at Chadwell Heath Residential Care Home, in Chadwell Heath Lane, invited people along to a fun-filled afternoon in the home’s garden, which was kitted out with sand, beach huts and even seaweed.
And, perhaps unlike the British seaside, the sun shone for the whole day. Home manager Chris Gammons said: “We have a lovely beach-themed garden at Chadwell House and thought a bank holiday barbecue and party would be the perfect opportunity to invite the local community to enjoy it with us.”
Visitors and residents enjoyed live music and entertainment including a belly dancing show and a mini-disco.
Roughly £500 was raised for the residents’ activities fund, which pays for trips and treats for them to enjoy.
You may also want to watch:
Brian Porch, the home’s bursar, hailed the day as a success.
He said: “It was fantastic, absolutely fantastic. The weather made it.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 3 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 4 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 5 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 6 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 7 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 8 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 9 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 10 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
“Everybody enjoyed the sunshine in the garden.”
Around 140 people attended the day, including the residents of the home. Visitors included families of the residents and others from the local area.