Care home residents and families enjoy day at ‘the beach’ in Chadwell Heath
The British seaside came to a Chadwell Heath care home on Monday for a beach-themed charity fun day.
The residents and team at Chadwell Heath Residential Care Home, in Chadwell Heath Lane, invited people along to a fun-filled afternoon in the home’s garden, which was kitted out with sand, beach huts and even seaweed.
And, perhaps unlike the British seaside, the sun shone for the whole day. Home manager Chris Gammons said: “We have a lovely beach-themed garden at Chadwell House and thought a bank holiday barbecue and party would be the perfect opportunity to invite the local community to enjoy it with us.”
Visitors and residents enjoyed live music and entertainment including a belly dancing show and a mini-disco.
Roughly £500 was raised for the residents’ activities fund, which pays for trips and treats for them to enjoy.
You may also want to watch:
Brian Porch, the home’s bursar, hailed the day as a success.
He said: “It was fantastic, absolutely fantastic. The weather made it.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Wanstead Market set to re-open
- 6 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 7 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Music from Jessie J and Olly Murs to feature in new musical in Romford
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
“Everybody enjoyed the sunshine in the garden.”
Around 140 people attended the day, including the residents of the home. Visitors included families of the residents and others from the local area.