Care home residents and families enjoy day at ‘the beach’ in Chadwell Heath
The British seaside came to a Chadwell Heath care home on Monday for a beach-themed charity fun day.
The residents and team at Chadwell Heath Residential Care Home, in Chadwell Heath Lane, invited people along to a fun-filled afternoon in the home’s garden, which was kitted out with sand, beach huts and even seaweed.
And, perhaps unlike the British seaside, the sun shone for the whole day. Home manager Chris Gammons said: “We have a lovely beach-themed garden at Chadwell House and thought a bank holiday barbecue and party would be the perfect opportunity to invite the local community to enjoy it with us.”
Visitors and residents enjoyed live music and entertainment including a belly dancing show and a mini-disco.
Roughly £500 was raised for the residents’ activities fund, which pays for trips and treats for them to enjoy.
You may also want to watch:
Brian Porch, the home’s bursar, hailed the day as a success.
He said: “It was fantastic, absolutely fantastic. The weather made it.
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 3 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 4 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 5 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 9 Consultation for School Streets expansion extended
- 10 From City Hall: Increase of council tax a slap in the face for every struggling Londoner
“Everybody enjoyed the sunshine in the garden.”
Around 140 people attended the day, including the residents of the home. Visitors included families of the residents and others from the local area.