Bored of looking at a blank wall? Try the new outdoor gym in Clayhall
Anyone who gets bored of looking at a blank wall while they work out may be interested in trying out a new outdoor gym which has opened in Clayhall Park.
Residents can now take advantage of the weights, rowing and running machines in their bid to get fit while taking in a bit of fresh air.
The gym opened on Thursday at the park in Longwood Gardens and is free of charge to use.
Cllr Alan Weinberg said: “I’m extremely pleased with the way it’s turned out and pleased for the residents who have wanted it for some time now.”
The new gym was partially financed by the area committee four discretionary budget for Barkingside and Clayhall.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Weinberg said: “A few months ago I was approached by users of the park asking if it was possible to have a outdoor gym.
“It’s all happened extremely quickly.”
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 3 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 4 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 9 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 10 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy