Bored of looking at a blank wall? Try the new outdoor gym in Clayhall
Anyone who gets bored of looking at a blank wall while they work out may be interested in trying out a new outdoor gym which has opened in Clayhall Park.
Residents can now take advantage of the weights, rowing and running machines in their bid to get fit while taking in a bit of fresh air.
The gym opened on Thursday at the park in Longwood Gardens and is free of charge to use.
Cllr Alan Weinberg said: “I’m extremely pleased with the way it’s turned out and pleased for the residents who have wanted it for some time now.”
The new gym was partially financed by the area committee four discretionary budget for Barkingside and Clayhall.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Weinberg said: “A few months ago I was approached by users of the park asking if it was possible to have a outdoor gym.
“It’s all happened extremely quickly.”
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 5 Wanstead wine expert launches new shop
- 6 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 7 Young Citizen: 'Our community needs us the most right now', says Mutual Aid volunteer
- 8 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 9 Calls to extend school streets consultation
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays