Bored of looking at a blank wall? Try the new outdoor gym in Clayhall
Anyone who gets bored of looking at a blank wall while they work out may be interested in trying out a new outdoor gym which has opened in Clayhall Park.
Residents can now take advantage of the weights, rowing and running machines in their bid to get fit while taking in a bit of fresh air.
The gym opened on Thursday at the park in Longwood Gardens and is free of charge to use.
Cllr Alan Weinberg said: “I’m extremely pleased with the way it’s turned out and pleased for the residents who have wanted it for some time now.”
The new gym was partially financed by the area committee four discretionary budget for Barkingside and Clayhall.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Weinberg said: “A few months ago I was approached by users of the park asking if it was possible to have a outdoor gym.
“It’s all happened extremely quickly.”
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 6 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 7 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 10 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses