Barkingside resembles France for cultural night with a twist
It may not resemble Paris, but a corner of Barkingside looked decidedly French on Saturday night when it hosted a cultural evening with a twist.
Redbridge was holding its own Light Night, or Nuit Blanche, a global event in which residents are encouraged to enjoy their city at night.
In the square in front of Fullwell Cross Library in High Street, Barkingside, visitors bought fresh produce from sellers and eat as if they were on the Continent, seated by friends on long tables.
Before the sun had even gone down, the Redbridge Music Lounge performed French songs with a dance area for those wishing to join in.
And the Big Book Bubble, an interactive installation, encouraged young people to read to celebrate the closing day of the borough’s summer reading challenge.
You may also want to watch:
It stayed open late so families could join in the fun.
- 1 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 2 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 3 South Woodford post office to close in the spring
- 4 South Woodford flat 'has parties several times a week during lockdown'
- 5 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 6 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?
- 7 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 8 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 9 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence