Barkingside resembles France for cultural night with a twist
It may not resemble Paris, but a corner of Barkingside looked decidedly French on Saturday night when it hosted a cultural evening with a twist.
Redbridge was holding its own Light Night, or Nuit Blanche, a global event in which residents are encouraged to enjoy their city at night.
In the square in front of Fullwell Cross Library in High Street, Barkingside, visitors bought fresh produce from sellers and eat as if they were on the Continent, seated by friends on long tables.
Before the sun had even gone down, the Redbridge Music Lounge performed French songs with a dance area for those wishing to join in.
And the Big Book Bubble, an interactive installation, encouraged young people to read to celebrate the closing day of the borough’s summer reading challenge.
You may also want to watch:
It stayed open late so families could join in the fun.
- 1 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 2 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 7 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 8 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 9 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 10 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns