Search

O’s in no rush to strengthen squad claims Nugent

09:43 25 June 2014

Orient

Orient's Moses Odubajo is mobbed after scoring at Wembley (pic: Simon O'Connor)

Simon O'Connor Photography

Leyton Orient assistant boss Kevin Nugent admits they are in no rush to add to their squad as the O’s prepare for their 2014/15 League One campaign.

They recruited well last season, with the likes of striker Shaun Batt and 
midfielder Romain Vincelot joining on permanent deals, but so far the Brisbane Road side have only added goalkeeper Adam Legzdins to their squad at this stage.

Rather than rush any deals, Nugent feels the O’s need to make sure they are bringing the right type of player into east London.

“We are always monitoring the player situation throughout the season, not just in the summer,” said Nugent.

“There are a number of players available but we have to make sure recruitment is right.

“We need to make sure 
that they are both technically, tactically right for the team. It’s not just that, we have a special bunch and the character has to be right as well, that’s crucial.”

Two of the O’s top performers from last season, Moses Odubajo and Romain Vincelot, continue to be linked with moves away from the play-off finalists.

And though the speculation is likely to continue, Nugent believes it speaks volumes for the what the club have achieved in recent times.

He added: “We’ve gained a lot of publicity as a club over the season after the fine start and that’s credit to the players for all their hard work.

“Because of the season we’ve had it’s only natural that they are linked with moves away.”

0 comments

Comments

Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files
Comments

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other Ilford Recorder visitors.

We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by Ilford Recorder staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique Ilford Recorder account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

Latest Sport Stories

Yesterday, 16:09
Bradley Goldberg has joined Bristol Rovers on loan for a month. Pic: Dave Simpson/TGSPHOTO

Dagenham & Redbridge have sent Bradley Goldberg on loan to Conference Premier side Bristol Rovers.

Yesterday, 15:52
A dejected Scott Cuthbert on the floor following their late 3-2 loss at Gillingham last weekend. Pic: Simon O'Connor

Leyton Orient defender Scott Cuthbert insists Saturday’s home game against fellow strugglers Crewe has taken on even greater significance following last weekend’s 3-2 loss at Gillingham.

Yesterday, 15:20
FC Leytonstone's goalscorers face the camera with manager Munaf Abhram

FC Leytonstone celebrate hat-trick of wins

Yesterday, 14:00
West Ham's Carlton Cole (Photo by Scott Heavey/Getty Images)

Forward confident ahead of trip to Merseyside and pleased to see Andy Carroll back

Most read sport

Ukip’s Mark Reckless took Rochester, but our analysis suggests there will again be a hung Parliament after next May, however well Ukip performs.

The Labour MP has resigned after posting a photo of a house draped with three Cross of St George flags on the day of the Rochester and Strood by-election.

The club said the reaction following their decision to allow Evans to train had been at an intensity they did not anticipate.

The celebrity chef is embroiled in a bitter dispute over the contract for the lease of one of his restaurants.

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Ilford Recorder e-edition today E-edition