Public invited to meet with Redbridge Community Police Team
09:43 07 August 2014
One of the borough’s policing teams is holding a series of meetings with residents.
The Redbridge Community Police Team, a local authority-funded group of 14 police officers, will be hosting events across the borough.
The team is responsible for policing parks and open spaces and are tasked by the council with tackling prostitution, licensing, trading standards, flytipping and anti-social behaviour.
Adrian Towler, from the group, said: “Although the police team was created in 2011 we believe that countless people don’t actually know what we do.
“We are doing these park briefings to promote the good work we do and to discuss with the park users what issues affect them and how we can help them make their experience more pleasurable.
“We rely on the community to be our eyes and ears. Therefore, these briefings are an important step in reconnecting with our residents on a personal level.”
Representatives from the team will be present at the meetings.
The events are as follows:
- August 9: Clayhall Park, car park, 2pm
- August 10: Valentines Park, outside the cafe, midday
- August 15: Ray Park, near the cafe, 8pm
- August 16: Elmhurst Gardens, near park keeper’s hut, 11am
- August 22: Goodmayes Park, near the tennis courts, 11am
- August 23: South Park, near the tennis courts, midday
- August 24: Fairlop Waters Country Park, main car park, 5pm
- August 26: Wanstead Flats, Centre Road car park, 7pm